Yahoo mail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Same owners.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have used yahoo for years but it has become so awful recently I think I have had enough. It used to work fast and faultlessly. Not any more.:sad:

Agreed. It used to be the best of the free mail services.
The change, as with all these type of changes, is for the worse.
Just leave the bloody thing alone.

classic33

Leg End Member
Google own Yahoo..........when did that happen, I always thought they were in direct competition
I'd to use Google today to verify my Yahoo account, again. Password not accepted, for Yahoo, brought up a Google password reset page. Seems an odd way to do it, if they're not connected.

Dunno mate, mine was just down for 3 days but has come back on but not very good, very crap

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I have used yahoo for years but it has become so awful recently I think I have had enough. It used to work fast and faultlessly. Not any more.:sad:

^^^ I fully agree !

I've used yahoo mail for nearly 15 years ; the new chief exec. decided to make changes, without any consideration for the actual wishes of the end users. As a result, I've connected my yahoo mail to an Outlook account and I've backed up ALL my messages there. I'm now looking for a new email account . . . . .something straight forward and user friendly . . . just like the old yahoo used to be.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I like Yahoo as it uses IMAP so emails are saved on a remote server so if you delete them you still have a chance to get them back although its only 7days.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Just been looking and Google has never been owned by Yahoo or vice versa, Google was created using Yahoo but that's as close as they get according to Wiki

That's correct.
Yahoo has nothing to do with Google and in fact is closer to Microsoft as all search results for the Yahoo portal have been provided by Microsoft Bing since 2011
http://www.seroundtable.com/yahoo-powered-by-bing-14190.html
The email service is also based on the old Microsoft hotmail service from a hardwear configuration perspective

You can also see in the wikipedia list of companies google has consumed that Yahoo is not listed.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Google

Top Bottom