Yahoo mail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm still with Sky at the moment, and as a result I just use their email, but IIRC Sky moved everything over to Yahoo a while ago.

Since then I get a lot more spam than I ever did when it was just Sky. Sky's filters use to stop all spam, but Yahoo's don't :sad:

My BT account has discarded Yahoo for some reason, presumably the same as others are complaining about, and now I have to go through the whole log-in procedure every time I want to look at my emails. I complained to BT, who said this only applied to some customers and would be rectified 'soon', but offered no recompense. I've always been very content with BT but this is really annoying.
The same problem I was going to put a query up on this forum about it but got side tracked by SWMBO and forgot to come back to it.

sazzaa

Yahoo is a farking nightmare now. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and was quite happy for it to change to the new style until I realised how awful it is, now I can't even go back to the classic style because it gives me an error message every time I click on something. Really not a fan of Gmail or MSN either, any other suggestions?

tyred

Legendary Member
Long term Yahoo user and do not like their efforts at updating Yahoo Mail but it has always worked for me.

Not a fan of the latest version of Flickr either.

sazzaa

2887551 said:
As above, get your own domain and use a webhosting co.

Link us up luv.. Wouldn't that just mean paying for mail but still probably having a rubbish email interface?

Frood42

I know where my towel is
I just use GMail, mainly through the Android App or through Firefox (with AdBlock and NoScript enabled).
It has an HTML only version if you don't enable javascript.

They can scan my emails by automated methods as much as they like, I ain't getting adverts and even if I did I won't be clicking any of the links anyway...

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Yahoo is a f***ing nightmare now. I've been using it for as long as I can remember and was quite happy for it to change to the new style until I realised how awful it is, now I can't even go back to the classic style because it gives me an error message every time I click on something. Really not a fan of Gmail or MSN either, any other suggestions?
Try mail.com

sazzaa

2887602 said:
Links are tricky on my phone. Have a look at www.1and1.co.uk. I think I pay them around £10 a year, can access emails on computer, phone and tablet and they are IMAP so I don't have to delete them several times.

Cheers, I'll check them out. Really hoped Yahoo would be fixed by now but it's time I manned up and moved on...

Paspie

Works fine for me, and I've been using YMail as my master since mid-2013. Barely any spam. I use IMAP through Thunderbird though, so the site design changes don't affect me as much.

I am at the stage where I have to put my password in every 5 minutes, really fancy moving on to another email but all my important email goes to Yaboo and I really don't want to be messing about sending loads of email switching everything to a new email service........I do have my NTL email but like I say, its a lot of hassle changing everything over............rock and two stones spring to mind

classic33

Leg End Member
Main terms & conditions are 9 pages, 4,999 words, with various bits added to that. Comes into effect on the 21st March.

Top Bottom