Yates and De Jongh also booted from SKY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guardian also carrying it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/oct/28/sean-yates-quits-team-sky-cycling

I felt Yates was inevitable. De-Jongh was not on my radar.

OP
OP
jdtate101

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
So apparently according to the official SKY press release, Yates has NOT confessed to anything, but has retired altogether. Omerta still strong with that one.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
So apparently according to the official SKY press release, Yates has NOT confessed to anything, but has retired altogether. Omerta still strong with that one.
I felt is only time until Yates became implicated in this. I am very sad because he was one of ny heroes. Is he being allowed to 'retire' before the sh=t really hits the fan his way? He is still relatively young and could of had a long career as a DS. Unless of course he was really clean and has got really fed up up with pro cycling and where it has got to in these modern days.

OP
OP
jdtate101

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Unless of course he was really clean and has got really fed up up with pro cycling and where it has got to in these modern days.

Only the man himself can answer that one.

oldroadman

Veteran
He has had a lot of health problems, including a heart scare, and his odd speech may indicate a slight hangover from that, a TIA, or even a slight stroke. All good reasons to stop the stressful life of a DS with all the time away and travelling involved. Except unless he has assembled a good wad of cash, the next task will be finding something to bring in some money, never an easy thing in your 40's with your only real experience in the bike game. Back to garden work, maybe? All a bit unfortunate for a decent enough bloke.

Isla Valassi

Veteran
He has had a lot of health problems, including a heart scare, and his odd speech may indicate a slight hangover from that, a TIA, or even a slight stroke. All good reasons to stop the stressful life of a DS with all the time away and travelling involved. Except unless he has assembled a good wad of cash, the next task will be finding something to bring in some money, never an easy thing in your 40's with your only real experience in the bike game. Back to garden work, maybe? All a bit unfortunate for a decent enough bloke.

Unfortunately I don't share your 'let's give him the benefit of the doubt' attitude oldroadman - does Yates and Sky think we're all stupid?

Orbytal

How many here believe Brailsford was not aware of all their pasts?

How many believe he would have done this if the frenzy had been less or didn't happend with the current doping saga?

Meticulous planning and marginal gain, only after background checks! don't think so.

OP
OP
jdtate101

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman

With his connections he could always go into training/coaching (maybe not at pro level) or open a bike shop, like other ex riders have done. The man has options.

Top Bottom