YAY Im now a real cyclist :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian Johnson

gb155 said:
Gimme a HELL YEAH, Lit a fire under the Scott today and FLEW

40 mph for a 22 stone flat bloke :ohmy:

40.jpg

WHY DIDNT I GET A FULL ROAD BIKE lol
Nice one, but how steep was the hill?:sad:
My best so far is 46 mph down long hill and 40mph on the flat for a mile.

andyfromotley

punkypossum said:
I get 48mph every time I go past the car park barrier at work - suppose that doesn't count....:smile:

oh yes it does missy.

Ian Johnson

Ian Johnson said:
Nice one, but how steep was the hill?:biggrin:
My best so far is 46 mph down long hill and 40mph on the flat for a mile.
Oh forgot to say the 40 mph was drafting a bus,I am not that fast;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You need a big hill.... GB155 - get ye on Woodhead on a westerly wind day, you'll fly down the Sheffield side (only problem is you have the long ride up first). My max was about 55mph on Woodhead (last year), but chickened out due to the heavy crosswinds......the bike was all over....

Have done 60mph coming into Betws-y-Coed from Llanberris, about 4 of us all charging in on a nice day...fab......not particularly steep, but long and fairly straight. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere near Swallow Falls that we hit those silly speeds.

fossyant

gb155 said:
Thanks everyone, Fozzy uour a CRAZY fool Sir, That said Woodhead aint far from me, HUMMMM

I know - I'm only a couple of miles from you..... long climb up, but fast down that way. The only issue you have from there is either back up it, or Holme Moss, or Langsett......heh heh....not good....;):biggrin:

fossyant

PS Glad you like the Scott Sub - looks a crackin bike, obviously they are. PS not seen any others on the road at all (if any)....mean urban machines......

Top Bottom