Yay - limited Boardman reserved :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
I phoned my local Halfords this morning and reserved my 2010 Limited Edition Boardman Road bike.

Pick it up in January when I get my C2W voucher... can't wait !

;) :ohmy: :biggrin:

Full spec here

1255527239308-1vk0jfb9uiegn-500-90-500-70.jpg

Don't know whether to keep my almost mint Road Comp from this year as a winter / training bike, or sell it on :biggrin: I can't see myself riding it when I have a full carbon bike to ride instead.

Attachments

• 1255527239308-1vk0jfb9uiegn-500-90-500-70.jpg
    1255527239308-1vk0jfb9uiegn-500-90-500-70.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 23

raindog

er.....
amnesia said:
Pick it up in January when I get my C2W voucher... can't wait !
I'm not surprised :biggrin:

Chris certainly can't be beat for value for money. Wonder how he does it? Anyone know? Is there a catch?

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

ianrauk said:
Nice. I bet that's not going to see much rain or mud is it?

Hmmm... probably not. I know it's going to be a bu##er to keep clean, but it looks so much better than the regular black version IMHO.

Might keep the Comp for those wet days.

CPD

Veteran
I was in Halfords yesterday and had a look at the Boardman range. I dont know enough yet to comment on the specs, but they seem to be cracking good bits of kit, and jolly good looking too esp yours :hello:.

Keep you other bike for the winter. When you have a nice new carbon jobby you wont want it getting all dirty.

You will still get the odd good day when you can ride your good bike.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I dont really go with the idea that you cant take a white bike out in the rain. Whatever colour it is your not going to leave it covered in crud.White looks good and helps you see the bits you need to clean off. :-)

PS The boardman looks great.

gregster

I picked mine up on Monday, also on the C2W scheme. I'm very impressed so far and so was my friendly guy at my LBS where it will be going from now on. It's my only steed until next years C2W scheme so I'll be taking it out in all weathers, just have a packet of baby wipes etc in the garage to clean it when I get home!
The set up was spot on, couple of minor adjustments to make, pedals and computer on, bottle cages purchased and on together with saddle bag. Yet to take it for a proper spank, oo er, but had a quick ride round the block just to check things. Waiting to get some time to take it into LBS for a proper fitting/set up. May look at getting a shorter stem in carbon but other than than, what a lot of bike for the money. Blokes in the LBS were very impressed. They've never seen one in all it's carbon glory before and other than stem and seat post they said not to change anything unless I want to, but not necessary. Will post some pics when I can and give a 'review' of my first proper ride.

Garz

Squat Member
When I checked online the frame size I wanted (small) was 'sold out'. Wonder if this is across the board or a case of ringing them up?

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

gregster said:
I picked mine up on Monday, also on the C2W scheme. I'm very impressed so far and so was my friendly guy at my LBS where it will be going from now on. It's my only steed until next years C2W scheme so I'll be taking it out in all weathers, just have a packet of baby wipes etc in the garage to clean it when I get home!
The set up was spot on, couple of minor adjustments to make, pedals and computer on, bottle cages purchased and on together with saddle bag. Yet to take it for a proper spank, oo er, but had a quick ride round the block just to check things. Waiting to get some time to take it into LBS for a proper fitting/set up. May look at getting a shorter stem in carbon but other than than, what a lot of bike for the money. Blokes in the LBS were very impressed. They've never seen one in all it's carbon glory before and other than stem and seat post they said not to change anything unless I want to, but not necessary. Will post some when I can and give a 'review' of my first proper ride.

Cool :smile: PICS !!!

I will take mine to my LBS too - didn't have any problems with last year's purchase from Halfords, but I want to get the most out of this beast and so will book myself in for a proper fitting.

Garz - I believe of the 'small' frames are sold out :tongue: They were limited in numbers so I guess I was lucky to be able to reserve one in medium.

Daniel.

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

Update - Halfords phoned on the weekend and told me it's in... just waiting for my letter of collection from work's C2W scheme now ;)

Mind you, with this icy weather at the moment it would spend its first few hundred miles on the trainer :wahhey:

HURRY UP !!!

Top Bottom