Yelling abuse at a cyclist is ok.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
when it's your Mum :whistle:

Was driving back from Sainsburys with my Dad when I recognised the cyclist in front. We couldn't pass anyway, but slowed down behind. Do the window down and in my best pikey accent say "Get out the fackking way - Bloody cyclists"...just as my Mum turns her head to probably use a few choice words we all start laughing :biggrin:

Annoyingly, I had my action camera on me, but didn't think about recording it till after :blush:

(I'm just glad that the cyclist didn't turn around to be someone else with the same jacket)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
(I'm just glad that the cyclist didn't turn around to be someone else with the same jacket)

Yeah, I wonder how well "sorry I thought you were my mum" would've gone down! :smile:

Slightly OT...

We were out on the tandem, when a group of lads came up behind us.... one shouted "Nice arse love!"

Then almost fell off when my 80 year old mother in law turned, looked at him and thanked him for the compliment.... he got a lot of stick from his mates.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I had a bit of fun with a chap on a Challenge Seiran recumbent on critical mass last year. Rode up behind him, and called out loudly "GET A BLOODY FLAG on a dangerous low bike like that!". He turned round with such an indignant expression, only to have to look down at me on my Fujin, then he packed out laughing. (The Seiran is a high racer, whilst the Fujin is a low racer).

Fran143

Über Member
Slightly OT...

We were out on the tandem, when a group of lads came up behind us.... one shouted "Nice arse love!"

Then almost fell off when my 80 year old mother in law turned, looked at him and thanked him for the compliment.... he got a lot of stick from his mates.

Love this one!:biggrin:

Slightly OT again, I get loads of folk saying they saw me on the bike the other day in x, there a wee bit surpised when I tell them I was actually 50 miles way so it couldn't have been me; I'm not the only person who cycles :rolleyes: I'm justing imagining folk waving at complete strangers :rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hey Thomas, bet you are having to do all your own cleaning, washing, cooking and ironing now after that.............. :whistle: :thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was cycling down Jesmond Road one day when I was about 15 when I saw my dad coming out of our road on his bike. Out of interest I followed him for a while then I started wondering where the hell he was going. At that time he and my mum were going through another bad patch with a suggestion that he had "another lady friend" so the further he rode the more my courage failed me; I didn't want evidence of what I suspected and I didn't want to be a snooper, so eventually I turned off. Never did find out where he was going.

Top Bottom