Yellow shades instead of dark ones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
I paid 70 quid for mine new although shop price was over 130. I see it as an investment to look after my eyes.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
As is the ribble valley, also not noted for sunshine :smile:
I live about 3 miles from the Ribble Valley border. The place is alright,but if you think hills and trees are a bit :tired:, then it's not so good. You also have to have a fair income to afford the house prices. Mind you,they won't be half as high as London house prices.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I paid 70 quid for mine new although shop price was over 130. I see it as an investment to look after my eyes.
What will £130 ones do that say £25 one's won't do? Unless you mean shades in general when you say "to look after my eyes"? I just wouldn't ride a bike without eye protection. I've had humongous bees bounce of my glasses or shades which makes me wonder what damage they'd have done if they'd hit me in the eye.

I live about 3 miles from the Ribble Valley border. The place is alright,but if you think hills and trees are a bit :tired:, then it's not so good. You also have to have a fair income to afford the house prices. Mind you,they won't be half as high as London house prices.
at the risk of veering wildly off topic accy, you don't like trees? What harm have they ever done you? Am sure I've seen trees over the other side of the hill.

What will £130 ones do that say £25 one's won't do? Unless you mean shades in general when you say "to look after my eyes"? I just wouldn't ride a bike without eye protection. I've had humongous bees bounce of my glasses or shades which makes me wonder what damage they'd have done if they'd hit me in the eye.
They won't do much more at all accy.

I can recommend these for a tenner.

http://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/cycling-glasses-sunglasses.html

You can also get them with three lenses, clear, yellow and dark, but maybe you don't need the dark. They fit really well. Or at least they do me.

Changing the lenses, unlike with some, is easy.

And unlike some expensive glasses, it's also easy to buy spare lenses for a sensible price when you need them, if you damage/scratch them or whatever. Try getting spare lenses for some of the more fashionable glasses when stockists consider then so last year/week.

edit:

spare lenses shown lower down on this page.

http://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/lomo-floating-sunglasses.html

save you money, spend the change on something sensible like beer.

Last edited:

Serge

Über Member
That reminds me of one of my favourite jokes:

What's the last thing that goes through a bee's mind when it hits a car windscreen?

It's arse.

Top Bottom