Yellow Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Any update on your search? I'm finally ordering my new company car and BIK makes anything other than an EV a silly choice. Currently strongly considering the model 3 dual motor long range jobby but the interior worries me a little. Hoping to get my hands on one shortly to play with.

gzoom

Über Member
What about the interior worries you?

We've just come back from a 830 mile road trip to Devon during half term in our nearly 4 years old Tesla with 6 people in the car for most of the trip. The interior looks 'as new', and the car it self performed flawlessly.

Model 3s were just about the only other EV we came across, and I would have zero hesitation in ordering one today to go along side our X........However we are literally about to start a massive house renovation project so don't have access to the funds needed at present :sad:.

51226000755_7e9e2d0c2c_k_d.jpg

51225696454_fcdf4b0cd8_k_d.jpg

51221838598_9626f41bf1_o_d.jpg

51224930041_844fa86647_c_d.jpg

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've heard build quality has improved significantly so no concerns there, but I tend to like 'busy' interiors with lots of buttons and things to play with. The model 3 seems the polar opposite, with the big display and not much else. Not necessarily a problem, but I'd like to have a play before I decide. Fortunately a colleagues partner works for a local dealership so I have popped an email over to him this morning to potentially see one on Saturday :okay:

gzoom

Über Member
I tend to like 'busy' interiors with lots of buttons and things to play with.

Trust me there is plenty of stuff to 'play' with despite the lack of buttons, quite the opposite in fact.....and if you like maps/graphs/settings to fiddle with the options really are endless compared to any normal physical button setups. That is the beauty of digital screen, you can do what ever you want to it, getting into a 'normal' car these days feels like traveling back to the days of Nokia phones :smile:.

50232904522_645aed1a84_c_d.jpg

50612619928_263c4fa321_c_d.jpg

51227296967_debec7a7d7_c_d.jpg

50545150981_461b20f48b_c_d.jpg

44946049202_f8301fc41a_c_d.jpg

Last edited:

JhnBssll

Veteran
Looks very cool. I'll be test driving one tomorrow evening, all being well I'll get an order started later in the week 😊

JhnBssll

Veteran
I test drove the model 3 long range this evening. The interior is a real mixed bag; the steering wheel is a bit plasticy and the controls feel a bit cheap. The huge display in the centre however was ace, and I see what you mean about there being plenty to play with :laugh: The electrically adjustable steering column was neat, and the side mirrors, but then the manual adjust rear view mirror seems like a missed opportunity :laugh: On the road I found the suspension a bit bobbly if the road got bumpy, didn't seem to be either soft or sporty but somewhere in between. That said it performed well around corners and the acceleration was mind bending - I'm still grinning :laugh: My wife told me off a couple of times 😋 Suffice to say I've ordered one :okay:

Top Bottom