Yet Another Puncture - Tyre Recommendations Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got 3 punctures on Sunday all within the space of around 4 miles. 1st one I thought not too much of as punctures happen. I changed it for a tube that had i'd previously repaired, so was little mindful of that. Little while later another puncture, I still had it in my mind it may have been the repair giving way. Changed this time for a new tube and got back on my way but only to get another. Both times I checked the tyre for embedded bits. Called for support car to pick me up (the mrs). I checked the tubes when I got home. The repaired tube had a hole and was not the previous repair giving way. 2 out of the 3 where almost identical places so maybe I didn't see the bit in the tyre when I checked and 3rd one was in a different area. This was on Continental Grand Prix TT tyres so probably not best tyre to be using for the conditions. I've now ordered a pair of Schwalbe Durano Plus 28c for winter but it's knocked my tyre confidence.

screenman

Legendary Member
With all the punctures I have helped people with over the years I have always found the other tyre on the bike under inflated.

OP
OP
delb0y

delb0y

Legendary Member
I always pump my tyres up before setting off. Did check my tyres before the last couple of rides and took out a couple of nasty looking flints - and lo and behold, three (short) rides no punctures. Haven't invested in the new tyres yet so am mixing and matching a Gatorskin and one of the original wide Tricross tyres. Looks a bit odd but it'll do until I save some £££s.

Now what's a good light, without it being too silly?!

suzeworld

Veteran
My tourer has scwalbe marathons, I am feeling like I have had luck on my side as I never check them for flints etc and can't remember the last time I punctured. Perhaps I'll take that tip in board, now!

Top Bottom