Yikes - not for the faint hearted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two things strike me...
1) Why would anyone trust anything that comes from China.
2) Why was there so much tube stuck above the stem?

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Wow, as above, why would you trust anything safety critical to come out of China? Just too many examples of failure.

But there is a difference between Trek, Giant, Cannondale et al and their production oversight and specifications, from cheapo knock off products sold with no effective come back on the seller/producer.
Ever tried sending anything back to China for a refund? Take my advice...don't bother, it's not worth the expense and hassle because you'll get nothing back.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
But there is a difference between Trek, Giant, Cannondale et al and their production oversight and specifications, from cheapo knock off products sold with no effective come back on the seller/producer.
Ever tried sending anything back to China for a refund? Take my advice...don't bother, it's not worth the expense and hassle because you'll get nothing back.
in my experience, buying all sorts of cheap Chinese stuff off eBay, they're all too happy to give a full refund and they don't even want the item sending back.

Do these noname Chinese forks still have glued Aluminium steered tubes or do they have carbon steerers. The high end steerers have some continuous strands of carbon from the fork legs over the shoulder and up the steerer. I imagine that cheaper ones are just glued. Even pro grade steerers can fail if poorly assembled. YouTube has various examples to scare you.

Mr Whyte

Some of my Fuji X camera`s were made in China, can`t fault them either so love my X-T3 and X-T4 to go with the rest of them.

in my experience, buying all sorts of cheap Chinese stuff off eBay, they're all too happy to give a full refund and they don't even want the item sending back.
You're lucky. With the few things I've tried to send back the sellers have insisted upon First Class tracked delivery. Unfortunately Royal Mail cannot guarantee to provide tracking information on items sent to China, because the Chinese post won't cooperate.

I've only tried relatively low value items and International Post rates, plus tracking costs outweigh the value of the goods. It isn't worth the hassle.

I just make sure I never order anything of value from them!

Venod

Eh up
My Cannondale forks snapped in half when I crashed, my cheap Chinese replacements were still going strong 2 years later when I sold the bike.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My Cannondale forks snapped in half when I crashed, my cheap Chinese replacements were still going strong 2 years later when I sold the bike.
I'm waiting for the coronavirus situation to ease off a bit before I get the forks replaced on my Cannondale CAADX under a recall notice. (Several reported failures, 6 or 7 of which led to serious injuries, and in one case - death!)

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Do these noname Chinese forks still have glued Aluminium steered tubes or do they have carbon steerers. The high end steerers have some continuous strands of carbon from the fork legs over the shoulder and up the steerer. I imagine that cheaper ones are just glued. Even pro grade steerers can fail if poorly assembled. YouTube has various examples to scare you.

I'll be sticking with my steel forks thanks all the same! :eek:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll be sticking with my steel forks thanks all the same! :eek:

:whistle::laugh:

Top Bottom