Yippeee! Simon and Susie are going en vacances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
You can't go to Barcelona and not see Gaudi's Segrada Familia and Casa Batlló. Touristy I know but so much more stylish than the Ramblas ;)
regrettably done. Inflicted on the children (whose reaction to the Casa Batlló was 'can we go to MacDonalds now?'), and then again ten years after with the children racing down those spiral staircases past unprotected 'laundry chute' openings.

The first time I went to Barcelona I'd cycled in from Vic with one of my brothers. He had no clue about the Sagrada Familia, and I took care to keep his attention focussed on the left hand side of the road. He didn't spot it until we were a block away. Result!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Simon I am so jealous!!

Barcelona is one of my favourite cities.

If you get a chance to - go visit Cal Pep - great little tapas joint in the Born area near the seafront with a chef that has the voice of speedy Gonzales!

Have a great time, it is such a lovely city. Never cycled it mind but I remember a lot of people on mid sized wheeled bikes and without saddles zipping anarchically through the tiny little streets!

jags

Guru
How could you doubt me Pete!:thumbsup: Stylish is my middle name!
rich-p your a class act :thumbsup:

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

How could you doubt me Pete!:thumbsup: Stylish is my middle name!

IMG_0238.jpg

The one on the left looks very 'rich p' - comme d'habitude.

Narbonne - once upon a time my playground. Pancake flat with plenty of good scenery around La Clape...but you don't want to know that!
A ride from the station along the D168, pop into L'Hospitalet' on the way for some €€€ wine? (stylish at a price) and hit Narbonne Plage. Forget Sete and go to 'Espace Liberté with its restaurant to blow you out completely Les Grands Buffets?

Ok, I understand that you may 'on your ways' as it is but a flat ride to Agde. Once there, Simon (perhaps Susie too - if she's feeling adventurous) take the 20km pancake-flat (again) road to Sete and climb Mont Saint-Clair - a mere 'tap-in' from Agde. You will huff and puff a bit but it is definitely worth the extra 40 mins following the coast road. all new road inwards too! I last went there in 2008 and it was all being refurbished at the peak, so will be perfect and stylish to a 'T' by now.
Brilliant cycling territory. Not Nice - brilliant ;) And. If you get a lust for Narbonne, take a trip to my friend Elie Bouvier at Chateau Romilhac. His son was a 'treiziste' and he is one nice guy with a nice selection of wine to savour!

And if you see anyone in a VCCB jersey... old, with a moustache, male - you could always ask..
30ii69v.jpg

stephen666

Has anyone got any recommendations for Bike freindly hotels in Barcelona?
I was thinking i could just put into my bike bag and keep in my room for the few days i'm in barcelona sightseeing as i am not going to use it while sightseeing

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Has anyone got any recommendations for Bike freindly hotels in Barcelona?
I was thinking i could just put into my bike bag and keep in my room for the few days i'm in barcelona sightseeing as i am not going to use it while sightseeing
I think you'll get more replies if you start a new thread for your question! (And sorry, I can't help you - I've only been to the Costa Blanca.)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Find a hotel that's suitable forlocation and price, then email them and ask if they have secure bike storage. I've never been turned down.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
they may like you to put the bike in the room, as it is then out of their way and your responsibility

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
For accomodation anywhere check Airbnb. It is one of those little known sites, but has some really good accomodation.

Steve

Top Bottom