Yo-yo dieting..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
It's just middle age , worked that out , I should be running around in the shower to get wet with my efforts but currently around 15 and bit stone, 6ft tall . Mrs reckons I look fine but it's not so much what you weigh it's how your clothes fit ! 2 yrs ago I felt fit and slim but was only about stone lighter than now !?

I think a stone makes a big difference, that's what I plan to lose hopefully.

I just seem to grow a belly..

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well I'm not too worried I will shift mine, but more worried about my family , the wife and the kids are all over weight and quite inactive apart from my youngest. Trying to motivate at least show the kids that even if your old you can still excersise !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
... currently around 15 and bit stone, 6ft tall . Mrs reckons I look fine but it's not so much what you weigh it's how your clothes fit ! 2 yrs ago I felt fit and slim but was only about stone lighter than now !?
I think a stone makes a big difference, that's what I plan to lose hopefully.

I just seem to grow a belly..
Even that stone isn't enough for me ... I am 6' 1" tall and currently weigh only about 13 st 10 lbs but I have still grown such a belly! I need to get below 12 st 7 lbs to regain a slim waist.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I'm 5'11 and somewhere around or just below 13 stones. I keep trying to get to around the 12 stone .mark ..i've even cut out biscuits my absolute downfall:sad:
6ft here and the wrong side of 15 stone and if was the weight I was meant to be I would probably look very ill !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
6ft here and the wrong side of 15 stone and if was the weight I was meant to be I would probably look very ill !
That is true for me too! With weight loss my face can become gaunt while I still have a roll of fat on my waist so I choose to compromise. Cycling where I do (usually in hilly Yorkshire, Lancashire or Derbyshire), I would benefit from getting down to 12 stone or maybe closer to 11 stone, but I would end up looking like an old and haggard version of Chris Froome. 12 st 7 lbs-ish will do for me.

itchybeard

82kg....just converted, its 12.9 stones....I'm old skool at 38 years.
Too many sugars in food, hard to keep to diet.
I dont diet, i have a pattern of eating i guess. Try this. Do some hiit workout. I guess keep regular and enjoy a workout to keep going.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
1kg down this week, knocked snacks on the head and more sensible meal portions.

Still had my Chicken Phal and rice today but usually have 3 wraps with it (100kcal each!), so that was an easy saving.

If I can chip away at 1/2 kilo (1 pound) a week without starving I'll be a happy bunny..

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Lost another kilo this week, surprised with that!.

Watched my workmates winding all this in today,

20170728_103707.jpg

I had this..

20170728_131142.jpg

Attachments

• 20170728_131142.jpg
    20170728_131142.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 54

LiamW

On the 31st December last year I decided to give up alcohol and start winter training circuits with my local club. I was 14 stone 11 pound then, I weighed myself at the start of this week and I'm 12 stone 6 pound. I stopped drinking because I wanted to really lose weight, but I changed my diet to one that didn't involve eating shite every night.
I've also ramped up the miles with my local club that has helped my keep losing the weight. My ideal weight at 5'6'' is 11s 5 but I think i'll stick to around 12s if I get there.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
On the 31st December last year I decided to give up alcohol and start winter training circuits with my local club. I was 14 stone 11 pound then, I weighed myself at the start of this week and I'm 12 stone 6 pound. I stopped drinking because I wanted to really lose weight, but I changed my diet to one that didn't involve eating shite every night.
I've also ramped up the miles with my local club that has helped my keep losing the weight. My ideal weight at 5'6'' is 11s 5 but I think i'll stick to around 12s if I get there.

That's good going!, well done for giving up the booze as well.

I've always worked a few drinks into my diet, it's the snacking that takes it's toll with me.

Top Bottom