Yo-yo dieting..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Here we go again!.

3 years ago I spent a year and half and lost 18kg (3 stone?) ended up at 76kg, bloody hard work and vowed not to put it on again...

On the scales this moring and I'm back up to 82kg so need to be dropping a stone (have thought my belly has been expanding a bit recent).

Food and beer are just too nice to refuse, as well as the snacks people bring into work but best be drawing a line under it again!.

The joys of middle age..

Drago

Legendary Member
T'was some science bloke on radio 4 the other day. Something like 98% of people who go on a diet weigh the same or more after 5 years.

MikeG

Guru
I weigh 73kg, and I eat whatever the hell I like for 6 days of the week. Snacks, you say? I'll see your snack and raise you 3 bara briths this week. I stay at the weight I want because once a week I partially fast, skipping breakfast and lunch, and having a light evening meal. It's an easy regime, and it works.

U

User6179

Going on a diet is pointless, changing your diet is the only way to keep weight off, speaking as someone who has went on many diets.

I was either losing weight (on diet) or gaining weight (off diet) , never was I just staying the same weight.

Worst year I started off 14 stone in January and cycled 9800 miles by December and weighed 16 stone.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
I don't eat breakfast (oddly it makes me ravenous all day..).

It's beer and after beer muchies that are my downfall, will have to just man up and get on with it..

10 years ago I was built with a 6 pack, those days are long gone but I'd like to keep trim..

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
T'was some science bloke on radio 4 the other day. Something like 98% of people who go on a diet weigh the same or more after 5 years.

Not happening to me, drew a line in the sand at 80kg and just a momentary lapse.

No excuses just need to get on with it..

Alan O

Über Member
Doesn't work for me, if I eat anything before work I spend all morning feeling hungry.

Cup of tea and I'm good till lunch.
Ah, sorry, I thought you meant not eating breakfast makes you ravenous (though I guess that would have been so obvious you wouldn't have said it :rolleyes:). In that case, I know what you mean - I often have days when I can go for a long time not feeling hungry, but once I eat something I just want to keep eating.

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
Yeh it was badly worded!.

Most Sundays if I've got plenty to do I won't eat till tea time, like today.

Managed to knock the snacks on the head tonight.

I don't ram food in left right and centre just obviously eat slightly too much daily and it's a cumulative effect..

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
There's been an unusually high number of bacon sarnie runs at work recently, I'll just have to learn to say no!.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
It's just middle age , worked that out , I should be running around in the shower to get wet with my efforts but currently around 15 and bit stone, 6ft tall . Mrs reckons I look fine but it's not so much what you weigh it's how your clothes fit ! 2 yrs ago I felt fit and slim but was only about stone lighter than now !?

Top Bottom