Yoga will improve your riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
After all sitting on the sofa eating ice cream 'feels' good.. Doesn't do so much in the long run.

I wish you had told me that 10 minutes ago.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I am a couple of weeks into trying out yoga. I encountered some ‘sorry no blokes’ attitude at my nearest centre so I have gone down the DIY route.

YouTube and a couple of apps later and I’m really feeling the benefits. I have spent the first couple of weeks on Hatha which has helped to learn poses in my own time. I am definitely ‘longer ‘. Yesterday I gave Vinyasa a go. Half an hour in the morning and half an hour last night. I definitely found this harder, both physically and to coordinate the flow. I actually broke a sweat.

I have bought a mat so it’s fair to say I’m really enjoying myself. My experience with meditation is a transferable skill that’s helped. Not so sure about my aerobic and anaerobic fitness. Not sure that helps. I work outdoors so my core is strong. That’s a bonus.

Loving it. But it’s tough.

D

Deleted member 1258

Will give them ago thanks. Class be good for sure but like you it’s often not a welcoming experience.

I've not yet come across an unwelcoming class, I've been attending my current class about 4-5 years.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
@Globalti thinks drinking beer is better for you than stretching especially if you have tight muscles ;)
Finally someone who knows what he is talking about.:cheers:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Will give them ago thanks. Class be good for sure but like you it’s often not a welcoming experience.

I'm interested in why you feel its not welcoming @tom73?

There are fewer guys in my classes than women, for sure, but thankfully that's gradually starting to shift a bit, now that general perceptions / prejudgements about yoga, and who it's for, are changing.

Are you being actively discouraged?

Or do you just feel a bit out of place, like we all tend to do, in a new situation?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I do Hatha yoga, mostly basic stretches, and a few more advanced poses. Helps keep me mobile now I'm in my late sixties.
I really must start doing something like that. On a walk yesterday I found out just how inflexible I am. I am fine with cycling or generally walking around but I had a few awkward stiles to cross and soon discovered that anything beyond my normal range of movement was pretty difficult.

D

Deleted member 1258

I really must start doing something like that. On a walk yesterday I found out just how inflexible I am. I am fine with cycling or generally walking around but I had a few awkward stiles to cross and soon discovered that anything beyond my normal range of movement was pretty difficult.

That post is about two years old, since then the class I attended has stopped, just after the first lockdown started the teacher E-Mailed everybody to say the class would not restart after the lockdown as she's decided to retire.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That post is about two years old, since then the class I attended has stopped, just after the first lockdown started the teacher E-Mailed everybody to say the class would not restart after the lockdown as she's decided to retire.
That's a pity!

A friend used to go to a class whose teacher was about 80 and a very good example of what regular yoga can do for the elderly.

Top Bottom