York environs October ride - *25th October*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
OK, D'oylys are braced for our arrival, at 3ish (that's a big 'ish'). I think the other places will be ok, the cafe at Thorp Arch is pretty roomy. The only snag might be if we hit Tykes at the same time as another group - if all else fails, we might survive as far as lunch without cake. Or I'm sure Tadcaster has other cafes.

MockCyclist

OK I'll aim to be there by 9:45

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Excellent. We'll be recognisable by dint of being a bunch of folk with bikes....:evil: West End of the Minster, within sight of Reeds cafe.

I'll have spent Saturday cleaning in preparation for a royal visit next weekend...

Danny

Legendary Member
Arch said:
OK, so I think we have:
me, helen (is spandex joining us?), solty and velocidad, zacklaws, hulver. Any more I've forgotten, or who want to join us?
Alas I have to take my son to an away match his team is playing so can't join you this time.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I think that went well!

Perhaps a tad blowy on the way out, and a touch damp in places, but we didn't run any risk of starving....

Here we are in a relatively bright moment, I'm not in the pic, except in name form!

View attachment 4573

The sponge pudding at Thorp Arch Retail Park cafe is now officially rated as 5*, having been assessed by two independent forummers.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Nice ride out, (as usual for Arch's rides ;)) Even the weather didn't spoil things.
Hopefully I can make it to next month's too

Thanks again

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
That was a great ride. Thanks Arch.

Definite thumbs up from me for the sponge at the Thorpe Arch cafe. Sticky and lovely.

I am officially, too full of cake. ;)

It was great to see more cycle chatters.

zacklaws

Guru
Good day out, nice and slow, makes a change from rushing around.

Good picture too, makes me look slim, ten of us and one bike.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
Thanks Arch! Some great new tea stops, and I got to play with a Taga:smile:.

I think a few of us would have liked to stage Likeabike races, if only our legs had been a bit shorter!

Here's hoping November works out as well, weather wise (preferably a little better!)

Nice and slow indeed. You do realise that was as fast as I could go, most of the time?:biggrin:

Top Bottom