York-Humber Bridge-York. A flat(-tish) imperial century, 3rd September, 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I keep forgetting my rides tag list! I'll edit out the people who have already told me if they are coming or not, but leave in ones that I suspect probably will not be interested, in case I am wrong... :okay:

***** ColinJ's forum rider tag list *****
Fellow forum riders, I am planning another ride!

@Sea of vapours, @Spiderweb, @Slioch, @Kestevan, @Venod, @NorthernDave, @videoman

If anybody wants their name to be added to the list, let me know. :smile:

(If anybody wants their name to be removed, let me know, but... :cry:)

NB Make sure that you have enabled tag alerts in your account preferences - HERE (tick 'mentions you in a message')

Others who have expressed interest or done the ride in the past:
@Supersuperleeds, @13 rider, @Moodyman, @DCLane, @Talliman, @Jody

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Unfortunately I can’t make the 3rd September as I’m in Richmond North Yorkshire for my friends 60th Birthday weekend away.
I’ll keep watching the thread for if the date should change.
Please keep me on your list Colin👍

Last edited:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
For anyone looking at doing their first imperial, you won't get much easier than this ride, very flat and a great bunch of friendly fellow riders for company.

I concur. It’s a relatively easy ride for someone who’s been riding regularly. Sadly, that’s not me. I’m lacking the fitness for an all day ride at the moment. Thanks to Colin for the consideration and the effort to organise.

Buck

Guru
I’m battling Covid at the minute so hope it doesn’t derail me for the 3rd! It has meant I’ve not been on the bike for nearly two weeks.

At least it’s better than 1st time around which was scary.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks @ColinJ but I'm in no state for this at the moment. Have a good day.
I'm sorry to hear that, Dave! Hopefully, things will be better in time for a future ride.

Trying to get myself back in some sort of condition after a month off the bike whilst interrailing.
I'm currently 25% beer, 25% sausage and 50% apfelstrudel!
Ha ha. Maybe I will be able to keep up with you this time then!

I’m battling Covid at the minute so hope it doesn’t derail me for the 3rd! It has meant I’ve not been on the bike for nearly two weeks.

At least it’s better than 1st time around which was scary.
Yikes - good luck with that!

I only felt rough for a few days with the later variant. I think I caught the original one early on (no test, I just continued to hide away from the world) and that made me feel below par for weeks.

I reckon you should be fine, but you may have to keep me company at the back! :okay:

I will try to get round to updating the first post, but the details will be the same as last year. (I am multitasking in Devon and can't be bothered to do it just now!)

Buck

Guru
I'm sure I will be there - I might just be a tad slow and perhaps a little heavier than usual due to lack of exercise!

This time around the symptoms are very different and whilst a tight chest, very little breathlessness so that is a mahoosive positive !

Top Bottom