York Rally 2016, 18-19 June: the UK's biggest recumbent, trike and HPV gathering?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I went last year and it was a good day out.

I joined one of the easy rides to Riccall along the Solar System route.

The church hall stop was great, good food, keenly priced, served by friendly volunteers.

A fair bit to see on the Knavesmire when I got back, but don't expect NEC Bike Show scale attractions.

ICE were there with about a dozen trikes/quads you could try on a short track - a good opportunity to see unusual machinery at close quarters.

Spa from Harrogate brought a few bikes as did one or two other shops.

Reasonable selection of clothing, kit and components from several retailers.

One suggestion I would make would be some seating scattered around the site.

I bought a takeaway coffee and something to eat, but there was only a few seats in a tent to sit down to enjoy it.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I went last year and it was a good day out.

The church hall stop was great, good food, keenly priced, served by friendly volunteers.

A fair bit to see on the Knavesmire when I got back, but don't expect NEC Bike Show scale attractions.

ICE were there with about a dozen trikes/quads you could try on a short track - a good opportunity to see unusual machinery at close quarters.

Spa from Harrogate bought a few bikes as did one or two other shops.

Reasonable selection of clothing, kit and components from several retailers.

I bought a takeaway coffee and something to eat, but there was only a few seats in a tent to sit down to enjoy it.
Take your own seat wherever you go......buy a recumbent trike!

OP
OP
bikepete

bikepete

Guru

Many thanks for the seating suggestion. I've just emailed it round the committee and we'll look into whether our marquee suppliers (or whoever it is who we hire tables, chairs etc. from) have something suitable. Might just be a bit late for this year but this sort of feedback is invaluable.

And as you mentioned it, here's a shot (by Dave Dodwell) from last year of (some of) the food at Riccall - a similar spread will be available this year too :-):

dave-dodwell01-1024x644.jpg

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Many thanks for the seating suggestion. I've just emailed it round the committee and we'll look into whether our marquee suppliers (or whoever it is who we hire tables, chairs etc. from) have something suitable. Might just be a bit late for this year but this sort of feedback is invaluable.

And as you mentioned it, here's a shot from last year of (some of) the food at Riccall - a similar spread will be available this year too :-):

dave-dodwell01-1024x644.jpg

Thanks Pete.

The seating need not be anything special.

I've seen agricultural shows where they scatter a few bales around.

That might be too, er, agricultural, for the image your show is trying to portray, but a few basic benches is all that's needed.

OP
OP
bikepete

bikepete

Guru
Yup I was thinking benches too. The plastic chairs used for indoors might get a bit scattered, especially if it gets windy. Straw bales might work though - if rainy they might get a bit soggy to sit on I imagine, but we've booked dry weather for the weekend, fingers crossed...:

screenshot-www-wunderground-com-2016-06-12-20-40-15-4.png

Top Bottom