York ride in June? **13th June ride to Pocklington**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I never noticed the socks either, but then my late partner used to wear odd socks on purpose (and appeared on the cover of Velo Vision doing so....)

11 secs slower on the way back? I should hope so, after a day riding, in the heat and everything. And all those terrrible hills....:o)

A few pics - proof of the quality of the cake stop, and the project bike - it really is cool, and smart looking! How long befreo we all have one (it would be fun, to have all different sorts, BMX, MTB, fixie, 'bent etc...

View attachment 3200

View attachment 3201

View attachment 3202

Cheers everyone, it was a great day. I suffered a bit afterwards, must remember to actually apply sun cream next time, not just carry it in my pannier. I hope the Sheffield posse got home ok....

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Arch said:

I like!

Especially the tyres, one blue, one orange. But why didn't you do the handlebar tape the same way, one blue, one orange?

And wherever did you get non-aero brake levers with hoods intact?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
I like!

Especially the tyres, one blue, one orange. But why didn't you do the handlebar tape the same way, one blue, one orange?

And wherever did you get non-aero brake levers with hoods intact?

I had various thoughts on the bar tape blue, orange or blue & orange :hyper: I reckoned on blue being the best colour for staying clean looking :wahhey: I need to find some wider bars though, so the bar tape will need to be re done on the new bars, so I may change the colour scheme :hyper:

The brake levers & hoods were on the bike when I bought it, but think they must have been an upgrade at some point previously. I did see some orange hoods on ebay that I thought may look nice, but were too pricey :laugh:

Top Bottom