Yorkshire Dales Camp n' Ride - Site Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LemonCowboy

Hi,

I am in need of some local knowledge on somewhere to camp in the Yorkshire Dales that allows a bit of ruckus.

I am planning a trip for about 6-10 late-twenty-somethings to pitch up for a night, get 80k in the dales done and have a few beers and a bbq in the evening.. but I'm very aware most camp sites are family oriented and wouldn't appreciate the noise. Not that we'll be streaking through the fields with nothing but a set of cleats on but we would like to be able to have a few beers going into the night without making enemies and ruining family holidays!

Any suggestions? Last year we stayed in a farmers field in the Peak District next to a put called the Three Stags Heads which was a great do, so ideally something similar but in Yorkshire.

Thanks

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Why not try The Dales Bike Centre near Reeth. It's 2 or 3 stone barns converted to shop, cafe and accommodation situated in the middle of a field. They can accommodate up to 14 people and they are cheap. You may be able to pitch a tent if that's what you prefer, it's also within walking distance of pubs in Grinton and Reeth, the area is stunning and great for riding, give them a call.
http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/index.php/accommodation/

Last edited:
Top Bottom