You could have made sure I was okay you mean git!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I was riding home last night and as I was going under the five ways island in birmingham - using the shared cycle paths - another cyclist came tearing down the path coming straight at me!

He was going far too fast and I had to swerve to avoid him...

... this next bit's my own fault ...

I swerved a bit too far on a new, unfamiliar bike with rubbish tyres and the bike slipped out from under me and I was off!

Mr Too Fast looked back and saw me on the floor but just cycled on!

Result is that I now look like a 6 year old with two grazed knees!!!!

Not much to write home about but how rude not to even stop and make sure I was okay? :ohmy:

Note to self - get new, better tyres!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is another reason not to use cycle paths ! :wacko: :whistle: :thumbsup:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I was riding home last night and as I was going under the five ways island in birmingham - using the shared cycle paths - another cyclist came tearing down the path coming straight at me!

He was going far too fast and I had to swerve to avoid him...

... this next bit's my own fault ...

I swerved a bit too far on a new, unfamiliar bike with rubbish tyres and the bike slipped out from under me and I was off!

Mr Too Fast looked back and saw me on the floor but just cycled on!

Result is that I now look like a 6 year old with two grazed knees!!!!

Not much to write home about but how rude not to even stop and make sure I was okay? :ohmy:

Note to self - get new, better tyres!!!!

Are you OK?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oh shame, TRC, have a hug!

Knock on wood, so far I haven't gone down but I've had a few close calls with just those types of cyclists. To add "insult to injury" most of them are also of the "ninja" variety.

I'm also engaged in conversation with a block on this side of the pond who thinks it's "okay" to disobey the law because in his "judgement" that it's safer to do so, and no on is being hurt.

He refuses to accept that his actions do reflect poorly on cycling as a whole, and adds fuel to the "cyclists should be licensed, registered, and insured just like cars. He likewise refuses to believe that it his actions that are making the roads more dangerous for cyclists not safer, as motorists who see cyclists not stopping for red lights and stop signs will come to expect that all cyclists won't stop for said red lights or stop signs and when they encounter one who does they'll be taken by surprise and hit them.

Top Bottom