You do wonder...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Why not just stick a sign on saying 'steal me'?

1644509450351.png

Brand new or thereabouts, Raleigh so not the cheapest BSO on the block, 'secured' in a fairly dodgy area with a lock out of a Christmas cracker. :ohmy:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Chain's a bit slack

Sharky

Guru
.... If kids today learn anything at school

I blame their mother's father.

The writing is on the wall

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think these posts are totally worthless unless you can show the bike was actually stolen. It is probably safely tucked away in the owner shed as I type. She probably leaves it like this every day. I cannot see the point of posting a photo locked up with a dodgy lock. Post one with a gold standard lock. That can be stolen as well.

I leave my Brompton like this, except if I drop into a shop I dont lock it. But I am assured by a whole host of Brompton owners that it will get stolen. But after 4 years of doing this, they cannot tell me when it will be stolen. Just that it will.....one day.

Better than some I see on the high street here
bikes just leaning against a wall - no lock at all
The point in locking a bike up is to make it less convenient to steel your than the one a few yards away
even one rubbish lock will do it

Unless, of course, the thief knows what they are doing and recognises that yours is worth more and/or is easier to sell. However, most thefts around here are just your average moron after a quick few quid and wouldn;t know the difference between a good bike worth several grand and whatever the cheapest Halfords sell.

Top Bottom