You either love it or hate it... Lucas Brunelle and ally cat races

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Line Of Sight is a rare view into underground bicycle messenger racing which has become a global phenomenon. For over a decade Lucas Brunelle has been riding with the fastest, most skilled urban cyclists around the world while capturing all the action with his customized helmet cameras to bring you along for the ride.

View: http://vimeo.com/43954522

Looks pretty interesting, if not slightly suicidal

The definition of 'most skilled urban cyclists' differs to mine, inconsiderate idiots seems a little closer to the truth.

Why not organise these on a closed circuit like downhill MTB events?

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
As soon as they put other people in danger they deserve no respect, they are just selfish idiots who care more about internet fame than the well being of other people.

I hope they get maimed before they do anyone any harm.

Ian Cooper

Expat Yorkshireman
I hate it. I'd rather watch a documentary on the CTC or (in the US) the LAB or Cycling Savvy. But all documentaries make hay by including danger or controversy, which explains this kind of nonsense. By the looks of it, this is not so much a documentary as it is a 'reality show'.

These are the same kind of folks as those idiots who race cars on the road. Sure, cyclists have a far lower chance of killing someone, but it's the same thing. What next - documentaries on cycling while drunk?

And gunfire? Please! By the 1970s, we knew that that stuff didn't happen in car chases - that's Hollywood, not reality. It's hard enough to hit a target when you're standing still - on a bike or in a car, it just ain't gonna happen. Documentaries should record reality, not fantasy.

As for 'skill', I have better skills than these fools, because I manage NOT to fall off my bike or force pedestrians to stop in a crosswalk, nor do I get chased by police, cycle against traffic or through red lights, break car mirrors, get into gunfights or force motorists to swerve or brake to avoid me, nor do I need to swerve to avoid getting doored, because unlike these folks I don't filter or ride in the door zone. What this video records is not 'skill' - it's stupidity. These are not skilled professionals doing what they do best - these are consummate idiots doing what they do worst.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I hate it. I'd rather watch a documentary on the CTC .

I'd rather have a lobotomy ....

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
[QUOTE 1891628, member: 45"]Impressive and irresponsible.[/quote]

The only impressive bit is the amount of drivers that are able to avoid squishing a cyclist acting like a knob.

I'm all for thinning the herd via stupidity but would rather it was done in a way not to bother others, cycle down a mountain or off a cliff.

This sort of stuff makes me think more along the lines of people who 'suicide by cop' but are using drivers instead.

simon.r

Person
I hope they get maimed before they do anyone any harm.

Nice:rolleyes:

And gunfire? Please! By the 1970s, we knew that that stuff didn't happen in car chases - that's Hollywood, not reality. It's hard enough to hit a target when you're standing still - on a bike or in a car, it just ain't gonna happen. Documentaries should record reality, not fantasy.

I don't get the gun stuff, but it does happen: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/aug/15/ukcrime.duncancampbell

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Have to Say Fab Foodie is on fire in this thread, couldn't bring myself to issue the third like in two pages thought I would post it instead!

Top Bottom