You farkin' d!ckhead(6 mins 43 secs)!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Let him answer himself eh!

The fable, 'The boy who cried wolf' sprang to mind when I watched the video.

There is no inviolable right to expect an unimpeded stress free ride especially when a lot of the stress is self induced. Measures can be taken such as accepting human frailties as the norm to reduce them.

There's no point waving 'Cycle Craft' as a defence when common sense overrides its recommendations.

The video cannot be used as evidence of a typical day, week, month or decade in the hazzard punctuated life of a cyclist. Reality just isn't like that.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well I suppose if you've just spent all that lolly on a helmet cam, you don't want to be showing your pals a smooth, uneventful ride with absolutely no incidents or screams of outrage, do you?

vernon

in my country bumpkin mind this is how i thought big city riding was all the time . i just thought you city guys where used to this and rode accordingly to a giving situation and would expect this behaviour from drivers who care less about you than they do about being late for something . having been to London once and watching cyclist in the traffic i must say i thought you must all be mad as hatters to ride in it all , but everyone seemed to know what was going on around them .

Cycling in London is surprisingly stress free. I've cycled through central London several times madly during high traffic periods when having to change stations to get to the south coast or Harwich to catch ferries never once felt endangered. Observation and anticipation is the key.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Cycling in London is surprisingly stress free.
It's certainly one of the safest places in the UK to cycle simply because sheer force of numbers mean drivers can't be unaware of cyclists. You do need to observe and anticipate, as you say, but failing to do that isn't a great idea anywhere.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A not so expert attempt at raising my words

Did you notice the laughing smiley following the Grrr smiley? The posting of the vid was to show the idiots on the road,with a bit of a smile about it,meaning not taking it too seriously! Maybe you should do the same eh!

vernon

Did you notice the laughing smiley following the Grrr smiley? The posting of the vid was to show the idiots on the road,with a bit of a smile about it,meaning not taking it too seriously! Maybe you should do the same eh!

Then be more verbally explicit in your motives for posting. Smilies have no real currency in clear communication.

The main idiot on the road was the cyclist for failing to observe, anticipate and act accordingly.

blazed

220lb+
Honestly I'm never bothered by close passes. Think some are so sensitive.

I'm too busy concentrating on my riding to be bothered by something passing me a foot to close. As long as I don't get hit, which I never have in 7 odd years of cycling I don't care.

This guy shouting oi at everybody who makes his tiny little balls shrivel up a bit by passing too close will end up getting himself into worse situations.

The one where the police and TFL didn't see anything wrong and he replays it in slow.mo as if to say, can you believe what is happening. That pass looked absolutely fine, would that pass really bother all of you?

A bit pathetic tbh. The first few were drivers waiting behind before finding a safe place to pass. Some of those near the end weren't great but better road positioning would help.

I cycle thousands of miles in London and find that drivers there are much better around me then when I go out into Essex. They're used to cyclists and accommodate me quite well. No, there isn't acres of space but the roads of London are busy and we all muddle along quite nicely.

If the cyclist wants peace and quiet, I'd suggest becoming a monk and moving to Tibet. If you want to share the roads in a busy city, expect things to bunch up a little and learn how to put your bike on the road to stay safe.

Gixxerman

Guru
Yes, the cyclist could have maybe prevented some of the incidents with a bit of defensive riding (stronger road position etc.) and he maybe did over-react a little to some of the incidents. However, this does not excuse the quite frankly ignorant, incompetent and in some cases dangerous driving. The white Audi being a very good example. She pulls out in front of the cyclist when she should have given way, and then blames the cyclist for not seeing her large white car. I don't think the cyclist is out "looking for trouble" like I have seen in other peoples videos (I think we all know the culprits), but he did make the most of some of the incidents, which antagonised the drivers and serverd to escalate the incidents.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The Audi example is a good one, though. Yes, it was bad driving and a worse attitude, but you could see it coming from a mile off. There was no need for him to get anywhere near the car. I'd have simply slowed and passed uneventfully behind the car with nothing more than a little shake of the head.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Then be more verbally explicit in your motives for posting. Smilies have no real currency in clear communication.

The main idiot on the road was the cyclist for failing to observe, anticipate and act accordingly.

Maybe smilies have real currency to those who know how to smile?^_^ Try it sometime! As for the cyclist, you missed out his lack of road tax to add to your cyclists should know their place attitude.:cuppa:

Last edited:
Top Bottom