You farkin' d!ckhead(6 mins 43 secs)!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Are all these incidents happening to the same cyclist?
I assume, from the accents, this is London.
Nine minutes of reasons to stay away from the place.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Which is funny as I am in London and commute in London and have had no where near the amount of incidents in 9 years commuting as in this video.
I have done some limited cycling in London, and found that for the most part the drivers are bike aware. The aggression shown in some of those clips is more worrying than the actual driving though.
I live in a small seaside town where cyclists are a rare sight, and dopey drivers of a certain age are common. You just have to shake your head and keep out of their way or you would never get on a bike again.
They don't discriminate against cyclists though; they can't see other cars, buses or big brightly painted lorries either!

Last edited:

Crankarm

Guru
Footage advertising why it is so dangerous riding a bike in London and I am guessing any other major city in the UK. I thought he kept his cool quite well in quite a few of the instances where he was inches from being knocked down. I think in some of those I would have been much more assertive ……..

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Yes, there are some nasty bits of driving in there, but the video bears absolutely no relation to my experiences of riding in London.

Ditto. A good proportion of those incidents are because he stupidly takes secondary through pinch-points.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Chill.. Use it as a moon gravity thrust... and wave 'cheerio' as you go past.....

Crankarm

Guru
Ditto. A good proportion of those incidents are because he stupidly takes secondary through pinch-points.

But the ones he is riding primary cars are literally a couple of feet from his rear wheel trying to force him along or out the way. It's not the cycling at fault but the aggressive clearly illegal manoeuvres being performed by the morons driving. How do you stop cars aggressively pulling out across you or left hooking you?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Which is funny as I am in London and commute in London and have had no where near the amount of incidents in 9 years commuting as in this video.

This is in the oop North, a bit from mee living dwelling... The other side of the wooden thatches.. and the big churchy thing in town, and the big telly relay on thee Winter Hill !

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
This is in the oop North, a bit from mee living dwelling... The other side of the wooden thatches.. and the big churchy thing in town, and the big telly relay on thee Winter Hill !
errrmmm....you're not from ooop norf...you're from darn sarf.....we're from oop norf, and we've got 4G....reliable 4G......[smug][/smug]

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
It's not the cycling at fault but the aggressive clearly illegal manoeuvres being performed by the morons driving.
The drivers are responsible for their crap driving, but there's a lot he can do in terms of his cycling to dramatically reduce the number of incidents he experiences. It not being your fault is no consolation when in a hospital bed.

Crankarm

Guru
The drivers are responsible for their crap driving, but there's a lot he can do in terms of his cycling to dramatically reduce the number of incidents he experiences. It not being your fault is no consolation when in a hospital bed.

I don't think so. Many of those passes were dangerous whether he was in primary or secondary the drivers were determined to get past with on coming vehicles approaching, many cut in dangerously in what can only be described as punishment passing for being held up. And the ***t in the Volvo who brake tested him deliberately coming to a stop blocking his path, then the aggressive twats at the end shouting abuse and death threats ……… you think would be avoided if he cycled in primary. Yeah right.

I would like to know who the old twat in the white van shouting his abusive head off was? Clearly committing public order offences and the other twat WVM who shouted death threats driving whilst holding a cup of coffee/tea ……….. I would have thought plod would be interested in that footage.

Top Bottom