You farkin' d!ckhead(6 mins 43 secs)!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Viewed a few of these; the ones at the start are better than my daily commute. It seems he's over-exaggerating / aggressive.

Mind you, I could have done with a dash cam on the car this pm; driver in a 62 plate Audi A8 drove around the pedestrian crossing over double white lines and tried to get me to run into the back of him. Twice. :cursing:

I'm doing my best to avoid getting a helmet camera; all those with them seem to be overly aggressive.

Crankarm

Guru
I do. I haven't had that many incidents cycling in London in 30 years, let alone in the time I've been using a camera. Of course you can't stop all of them, but lots of them were within his power to prevent.

You really think so do you? I think we shall just have to agree to disagree. That's the beauty of the internet. Really you are just blaming the victim. Vehicles drive dangerously and too close and you believe it's the cyclist's fault! How about the moton who drove too close with zero consideration and aggressively in the first place? And as for the abuse shouted at him at the end revealing the frightening level of cycling hatred by some motons in the UK, you conveniently side step this. Very disturbing.

Last edited:

Crankarm

Guru
Viewed a few of these; the ones at the start are better than my daily commute. It seems he's over-exaggerating / aggressive.

Mind you, I could have done with a dash cam on the car this pm; driver in a 62 plate Audi A8 drove around the pedestrian crossing over double white lines and tried to get me to run into the back of him. Twice. :cursing:

I'm doing my best to avoid getting a helmet camera; all those with them seem to be overly aggressive.

I don't think the cyclist is aggressive in them except for one or two toward the end where he swears at a moton. Most of the time he is shouting out of shock as a car has literally passed inches from him or cut him up almost knocking him down. I challenge anyone to remain calm when this has just happened.

Last edited:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
You really think so do you?
Yep, and exhibit A is the fact that he seems to have managed more incidents in one video collection than most London cyclists manage in a lifetime. Either he's the unluckiest cyclist in London or there is cause and effect at play ...

I've used a cyclecam for a few years now. Number of times I've posted a video of bad driving: once. Number of times I've used a video to report an incident to the police: zero.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I lasted about 2 minutes.

Didn't see anything that would get me worked up, shouting oi or unleashing the old airzound.

As others have said, having ridden in London all my life, I can count the number of 'incidents' that I would view as worthy of the name on the fingers of one hand, and I think my 'Oi!'s run at about one a year. Maybe I'm just lucky...

Profpointy

Legendary Member
What! So you're saying that not one of them is guilty of bad driving?

Nope, that's not what he said, is it?

pauldavid

Veteran
Sorry but I agree with many on here that the cyclist was mostly at fault and over dramatises most of the clips. Volvo brake testing is a perfect example, if he was going to brake test you he wouldn't speed up to give you a thirty foot gap first.

None of the clips appeared that bad to me and many could have been helped by the cyclist being a little more aware of what is happening around him and altering his position/speed to allow for events that you can see are going to happen way in advance.

I drive many thousands of miles per year for work covering the length and breadth of the country and I see just as many bad cyclists as drivers whilst doing this. Unfortunately I agree with DCLane that the cyclists with visible cameras fitted seem to be the most agressive in their riding style. Whether this is because they feel a little more invincible with the camera or because they are looking for interaction with drivers to justify the expense of the camera I honestly don't know.

Leave the cameras at home and just enjoy your bike, you never know it might just help a little with your anger management.

surfdude

Veteran
in my country bumpkin mind this is how i thought big city riding was all the time . i just thought you city guys where used to this and rode accordingly to a giving situation and would expect this behaviour from drivers who care less about you than they do about being late for something . having been to London once and watching cyclist in the traffic i must say i thought you must all be mad as hatters to ride in it all , but everyone seemed to know what was going on around them .

Globalti

Legendary Member
That video contains about double the numbers of cycling incidents I've suffered in my entire 58 years of life, which includes five years of cycle commuting in London. How come I seem to lead such a trouble-free existence?

Top Bottom