You get up and its raining ? do you ? ...

its raining in the morning do you?

• pull a sickie

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • get public transport

• get the car

• get on the bike anyway

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Always the bike.
If there was snow/ice on the ground, i might be less happy with going on the bike though, and would probably either walk or get public transport.
Only time when its no bike is when im seeing the GF after work and shes coming back to mine/im going to hers, because she wont let me give her a croggy.
I hates buses, keep stopping. They just get abit of go then they have to stop, again:sad:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Joe24 said:
I hates buses, keep stopping. They just get abit of go then they have to stop, again:sad:

That's buses for you.

As everybody says, the bike.

You can't pull a sickie every time it rains, this is the UK afterall being off ever 2nd day wouldn't be too popular with the boss, etc.
When it rains public transport is even more annoying than usual and tends to filled up with people using it to avoid the rain; as do the roads/cars so congestion is terrible.
Its got to bike as you sail past the congestion.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
And, in town theres a bus stop, then a few meters up the road theres another one, would onyl take a min to walk between each.
The bus will stop at the first one, go up the road abit then stop again.

WHY???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Lazy twats shoudl just get off at the first one and WALK for an extra min:angry:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Twanger said:
What wet weather gear do people use? I just have a rain jacket, which has served me well so far.

Wet weather gear ? Just overshoes unless it's the depths of winter, in which case I'll put up with boiling-in-the-bag and wear my waterproof jacket (and inevitably arrive wetter on the inside of the jacket than the outside).

At either end of my commute there's a nice shower and dry clothes / shoes, so rain makes no difference to me. In fact, other than the reduced braking ability, I really love cycling in rain. Everyone else looks utterly miserable whilst I'm cycling along, enjoying myself.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Twanger said:
What wet weather gear do people use? I just have a rain jacket, which has served me well so far.

I have a Montane Featherlite H2O ... rolls up into a carry-bag which is the size of an apple, incredibly thin and lightweight, very comfortable and totally waterproof. In particular, it cuts the wind right down, but is breathable so I don't feel like I'm wearing a plastic bag when I get sweaty! I have found in the past that I have as wet inside a waterproof from sweat as I would have done were I not wearing a waterproof at all! The Montane is the first waterproof I've found that doesn't have that problem.

I need to get some overshoes for the autumn though - there's nothing worse than the feeling of putting your feet back into cold, wet shoes for the ride home ... :ohmy:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
bike, for sure. I'd need to have woken up an hour before if going by train. Car, even longer.

Lozatron

Last winter I got waterproof jacket and waterproof boots. For days when it was constant, driving rain they were absolutely wonderful - I arrived at work feeling toasty. People in the gym didn't particularly like me walking in, dripping black road-water everywhere, but never complained...

Cycling home in foul weather is somehow hugely exciting for me - heaven only knows why...

Mr Pig

I voted for the bus but it depends. It was raining this morning but I still took the bike but if it's raining heavily, forget it. I don't mind getting wet on the way home but I hate starting the day soaked.

I also don't like getting the bike soaked too often, gives you much more maintenance to do. Also, I don't put the bike away in the shed if it's wet, I put it in the house 'till it's dry.

karlos_the_jackal

Work in progress
It was raining this morning but again i would of been to later for train anyway. So got my new waterproof breathable altrua jacket on, prepared myself and got outside.

And it had stopped raining.

Also got in nice and toastie and then realised that the air vents in the side of jacket hadnt been opened! therefore more wet inside than outside.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
My commute takes me half an hour each way. So far this year, I've only got really wet once - and that was on the way home.

It doesn't actually rain during the trip very often - at least not in York-ish.

Rain always looks much worse through a window or a car windscreen than it actually is. Once you're out in it, it often turns out to be such fine drizzle that you barely get damp at all.

Top Bottom