You get up and its raining ? do you ? ...

its raining in the morning do you?

• pull a sickie

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • get public transport

• get the car

• get on the bike anyway

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
go to work in the car?
public transport?
pull a sickie !!:tongue:

or just get on the bike and get on with it?

cheers !!

not yet experienced the rain yet but wondered what people did

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Poll needed.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
On the bike, Even in SNOW, I just drink a cup full of MTFU juice and away we go :tongue:

GIANT_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

PBancroft

I used to get in the car if there was any sort of chance of bad weather. Relatively recently I made the decision to "man up" and just get on with it. I was pleasantly surprised to find I actually really enjoy cycling in the rain. Not had any thunderstorms yet, or sleet or snow, so that opinion may change.

Bman

Guru
I wish I had pictures of my bike as a snowball, after being locked up for 12hrs in last years snowfall :tongue:

Took me a while to clear enough snow so I could get on it!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I've rode in all sorts of conditions, rain, sleet, snow, torrential thunderstorms, and gales.

Just get on with it, it will hurt, but that is helping you get fitter.

My best ride (as I have mentioned somewhere before) was a 20 mile round trip in the snow to get a dvd, and shaming people in the queue that drove 300 metres for their dvd.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
ComedyPilot said:
I've rode in all sorts of conditions, rain, sleet, snow, torrential thunderstorms, and gales.

Just get on with it, it will hurt, but that is helping you get fitter.

My best ride (as I have mentioned somewhere before) was a 20 mile round trip in the snow to get a dvd, and shaming people in the queue that drove 300 metres for their dvd.

Was the move like the cold air? Blue ? :tongue:

hambones

Bike always - after all, how often does it actually rain during a commute?

5 times in 15 months for me commuting for 30 mins each way.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
ianrauk said:
Bike always...

+1

Mostly its not too bad - there have been a couple of occasions when I've been completely and totally soaked... causing laughter on arrival at my destination.

eddiemee

I made the conscious decision ten year ago not to buy a car unless absolutely necessary. Given that the bus costs £2.10 each way I never feel tempted. Only gave up once in four years when the wheels just wouldn't grip in the snow, otherwise I ride every day.

Top Bottom