You get up and its raining ? do you ? ...

its raining in the morning do you?

• pull a sickie

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • get public transport

• get the car

• get on the bike anyway

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

I've only been cycling since may, so have been pretty lucky with the weather. I'm dreading winter in some ways, but I've got a nice day-glo breathable jacket and I'll just MTFU and pedal faster to warm the legs up.

ComedyPilot said:
That's buses for you.

Not really.The empty ones dont do that.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I did try taking the bus once, but got wetter waiting for it and had no dry cloths to change into when I got to work...

much better taking the bike... ;)

Actually I do a fifth option. I leave my good bike, go faster (TM), in the shed and use my old bike (The Tank) for the wet commute.

Had to do that today. It really is depressing riding the tank. I really do need a winter hack that is more pleasant to ride...;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I like to use my 'go faster' bike in the rain too - more fun slicing through puddles at speed whilst shouting "Wheeeeeeeeeeee !!!!"

The intended winter / bad weather bike has not moved since early April 2008.

I quite fancy a lighter, more nippy hybrid as my second bike as the MTB is far too heavy after riding the SCR2.....

skrx

I cycled in in the snow (with the backup mountain bike):
attachment.php

The main roads were almost empty, I think everyone in London who can afford to drive a car to work took the day off.

I got in, only to be told by my manager (the only other person who'd made it in... she lives 20 minutes walk from the office...) to go home at midday.

But that was fine by me -- everyone else had to use a day's leave!

I cycle in when it's raining too, since the alternative is to leave 15 minutes early and get the train, but I'm always running too late to do that. And it's £2.70 or something. And I don't mind anyway.

Plax

Guru
It varies depending on how strong the wind is. If it is blowing a gale and raining I'm often tempted to take the car (I was once blown sideways off my bike!), otherwise I'll go on the bike. This morning I decided not to bother wearing my waterproofs and regretted it. After about 1/4 of the way in it started peeing it down and I got drenched. My gear has nowhere near dried and I'm looking at a soggy commute home sadly.

magnatom said:
Actually I do a fifth option. I leave my good bike, go faster (TM), in the shed and use my old bike (The Tank) for the wet commute.

Had to do that today. It really is depressing riding the tank. I really do need a winter hack that is more pleasant to ride...:angry:
You can't call that rain, me and scoosh were in that drizzle :troll: OK it was very wet I've not seen rain as heavy as that in a while ;)

Bman

Guru
I suppose it is a bit of a skewed poll :laugh:

Ask the same question on a moton forum an I'm sure we can all guess the result.

Then again, would any of them dare get on a bike anyway!? :smile:

Top Bottom