You gotta be joking!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Terminator said:
A chip shop in Walthamstow?

He's a liar and I'm not so sure about you.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.
piratesarecool4.gif

Love the concept of this place & the story of how it started :sad::biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.venganza.org/about

Keith Oates

Janner
CotterPin said:
Actually Arch,

You've just reminded me of that strange book by JG Ballard about a guy who crashes his car off the Westway and can't escape from the strange wasteland between the roads.

A very disturbing book.

Magnatom - she bore a passing resemblence to Victoria Beckham (in the rough - and god knows how rough Ms Beckham looks already) so I am afraid there was no chance of your fantasy coming true.[/QUOTE]

If she bore the looks of Victoria Beckham when out of the rough it's still not a pretty sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
gambatte said:
You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.
piratesarecool4.gif

Love the concept of this place & the story of how it started :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.venganza.org/about

That's a stupid graph. The lower number of pirates ought to be at the origin, which would give a downward slope, much easier to read intuitively. Although that would give the time running backwards.... Anyway, I'm sure it could be clearer... Actually, time isn't really important, the correlation is between pirates and temperature, time is to some degree irrelevant....

Maz

Guru
I agree with Arch.
Also, that graph should take a dip around 2003 onwards what with the resurgent interest in all things piratey after the unprecedented success of the series of films Pirates of the Caribbean. If we extrapolate from that point, this theory of global warming related to decline in pirates can be declared null and void.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
I agree with Arch.
Also, that graph should take a dip around 2003 onwards what with the resurgent interest in all things piratey after the unprecedented success of the series of films Pirates of the Caribbean. If we extrapolate from that point, this theory of global warming related to decline in pirates can be declared null and void.

And another thing - the rate of global temperature rise appears to be fairly constant, whereas the reduction in pirate numbers is erratic - the first interval is 10,000, the second 15,000, then 5000 then 10,000 (? hard to read), then 4600 and the last 383. So pirates, if they are having an effect, are not having a consistent effect, and it would be very hard to extrapolate any meaningful predictions from it.

Perhaps the causation is the other way round. As temperature increase, so do the incidences of extreme weather events and storminess - this might be killing off the pirates, at sea.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
And another thing - the rate of global temperature rise appears to be fairly constant, whereas the reduction in pirate numbers is erratic - the first interval is 10,000, the second 15,000, then 5000 then 10,000 (? hard to read), then 4600 and the last 383. So pirates, if they are having an effect, are not having a consistent effect, and it would be very hard to extrapolate any meaningful predictions from it.

Perhaps the causation is the other way round. As temperature increase, so do the incidences of extreme weather events and storminess - this might be killing off the pirates, at sea.

But the data is meant to be inconclusive. It's put there by the Flying Spaghetti Monster to test our faith. Any conclusive data is immediately changed by His Noodley Appendage.:tongue:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
TheDoctor said:
But the data is meant to be inconclusive. It's put there by the Flying Spaghetti Monster to test our faith. Any conclusive data is immediately changed by His Noodley Appendage.:smile:

Ramen! A convert! :tongue:

Top Bottom