You guys doing anything for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

We shall be spending Christmas in a graveyard...
Not St Clement, West Thurrock? You old romantic.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
On Saturday I’m treating the wife to Afternoon Tea at a nice hotel. It will be nice to relax as I’ve been putting the overtime in the last 3 weeks. 18 hrs the first week, 28 hours last week and by Friday this week another 18 hours. Working for Royal Mail I could of done more, it’s been absolutely mental this Christmas at work and I’m looking forward to 10 days off starting Saturday.
Sunday I’ll be up early to start baking. Sausage rolls, mince pies, baklava and a couple of loaves of bread. I’ll also be making some chicken liver parfait.
Dinner, then a few cocktails with he wife in the evening and watch a bit of t.v
Christmas morning I’ll be cooking the bird (a cockerel, more flavour than a turkey) and the wife’s in charge of the veg. After lunch I shall be relaxing with a couple of cognacs and a few whiskys.

Sounds like you are a very generous hard working individual.

Would you mind just keeping all of that to yourself, just in case MY wife reads it, I don't want her expectations raised THAT high ;)

This year, for the first time ever in 60 years, we shall be spending Christmas Day with some non-family. Two of our friends were due to be visiting one of their relatives, but the arrangements fell through last week, so they were then going to be on their own. As they both lost their first husband/wife to cancer some years ago, they both find Christmas a bit depressing. We offered that they come to us for the day, and they are both looking forward to it.
And we have the bonus of their very cute dog to entertain us for the day!

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5087693, member: 43827"]That's the only thing Christmas is about for me. I could gladly do without the sales/presents/turkey/booze/trimmings/god crap but it does get us and our kids back under the same roof for a few days.

And if I hear one more TV cook and/or personality tell me how to make this the "best Christmas ever", I'll chuck a brick through the TV. Christmas is not a competition.[/QUOTE]
Maybe not...but on the other hand it is actually about all that 'God crap' (which is a pretty offensive way to describe it surely)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Getting a year older.

... sorry, no, that's not me. That's Jesus.
Any proof of that?

Slick

Guru
I'm not particularly religious but I always think you can't have an upbringing that included Sunday school since before I can remember, Cubs, Scouts then Boys Brigade (Steadfast & Sure) without at least some of it sticking. I'll mostly be overeating, some drinking and generally having a good time with family, and friends, but I will have some time to remember others who are no longer with us and why we are supposed to be celebrating in the first place.

Top Bottom