You guys doing anything for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m cook for the first time this year, for seven adults, two kids and baby . What could go wrong?

I will try to lay off the booze until they leave.
You poison them all. Adults and kids are fair game. But try to spare the baby until next year at least ;)

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Saturday, my eldest eldest daughter and I will be visiting my Dad's and Step Father's graves, both of whom died in December. Mrs B and youngest daughter will go into Manchester, with some hats and gloves bought for the rough sleepers.
Sunday, meal and dining room preparation, then in the evening we go for a drive, looking at how people have decorated their houses.
Monday, pressie, breakfast, church, pressies, lunch with Bach playing in the background, relax. Evening meal followed by non banging fireworks.

A little prescriptive for some, but it suits us.

Christmas is a bit of a mixed bag here chez Casa Reynard. Being of assorted mixed northern and eastern European ancestry and me born a Cockney, we pick and choose the best bits. :smile: It's just mum, me and the cats, so we please ourselves.

My lovely 90 year old neighbour is coming round tomorrow afternoon for a brew and a chinwag. I have a box for him with six bottles of nice beer and a dundee cake, plus some toys and treats for his cat. On Saturday I'm meeting up with some very dear friends for tea. One of them isn't terribly well, so I may go visit rather than hosting them here - we'll be playing that one by ear. And on Christmas Eve, I'm meeting up with another lovely friend who lives in the village for a brew and a chinwag.

Christmas Eve is Wigilia or Heiligabend, but we're fairly flexible about the food the food. We just have fish as it's the last day of advent, (this year I have steamed salmon, smoked mackerel and herrings in a cream sauce), rye bread, a salad, fruit and some nice home baked Lebkuchen. Then in the evening I might go to midnight mass in Ely Cathedral or to St Leonard's in the village. If not, I'll watch the midnight mass on the telly.

Christmas Day is a quiet day here. I might go for a spin on the bike (heaven knows it's been a while), but it's generally a day for curling up in front of the fire with a good book, some nice music and a plate of snacks. We have our main dinner in the evening - don't tend to bother with turkey as none of us are that keen. This year we're having a gammon with all the nice trimmings. Muggins loves to cook up a storm and push the boat out a wee bit. :smile:

Oh yes, and then there's the Christmas Eve and Boxing Day yellow stickering, but we won't go into that... :secret:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Tomorrow, work. Saturday night, The Prodigy at Brixton Academy. Then a couple of days off, in which I probably won't be doing any cycling if the early weather forecast is accurate. Probably catching up on a load of telly...

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Christmas is a bit of a mixed bag here chez Casa Reynard. Being of assorted mixed northern and eastern European ancestry and me born a Cockney, we pick and choose the best bits. :smile: It's just mum, me and the cats, so we please ourselves.

My lovely 90 year old neighbour is coming round tomorrow afternoon for a brew and a chinwag. I have a box for him with six bottles of nice beer and a dundee cake, plus some toys and treats for his cat. On Saturday I'm meeting up with some very dear friends for tea. One of them isn't terribly well, so I may go visit rather than hosting them here - we'll be playing that one by ear. And on Christmas Eve, I'm meeting up with another lovely friend who lives in the village for a brew and a chinwag.

Christmas Eve is Wigilia or Heiligabend, but we're fairly flexible about the food the food. We just have fish as it's the last day of advent, (this year I have steamed salmon, smoked mackerel and herrings in a cream sauce), rye bread, a salad, fruit and some nice home baked Lebkuchen. Then in the evening I might go to midnight mass in Ely Cathedral or to St Leonard's in the village. If not, I'll watch the midnight mass on the telly.

Christmas Day is a quiet day here. I might go for a spin on the bike (heaven knows it's been a while), but it's generally a day for curling up in front of the fire with a good book, some nice music and a plate of snacks. We have our main dinner in the evening - don't tend to bother with turkey as none of us are that keen. This year we're having a gammon with all the nice trimmings. Muggins loves to cook up a storm and push the boat out a wee bit. :smile:

Oh yes, and then there's the Christmas Eve and Boxing Day yellow stickering, but we won't go into that... :secret:

We're ABT people as well (my mum is a terrible faffer though), maybe involving some Middle Eastern flavours. Well that Jesus bloke was from the Middle East after all!.;) Happy Yellow Stickering-may it bring you everything you wished for!:okay::snowball:

Tomorrow, work. Saturday night, The Prodigy at Brixton Academy. Then a couple of days off, in which I probably won't be doing any cycling if the early weather forecast is accurate. Probably catching up on a load of telly...
Can't beat a bit of custard at Chrimbo;):cheers:!:becool:

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
The wife has hidden the baking tray and the large serving plate.

Claims not to know what a baking tray is.

Am I being sabotaged?

jayonabike