YOU have ruined the Surrey Hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Longshot

I came down from Newlands Corner towards West Clandon this morning and, at the bottom, moved over to the central white line when the road splits into filter lanes.

This was met by a blast of a horn from some woman (past her prime - think mutton dressed as mutton) in a black hatchback who passed me going on the right hand lane. We both stopped at the lights and she greeted me with "you're a plague you lot. You've ruined this area",

I just thought you'd like to know. Shame on you (us).

Andrew_P

In between here and there
National Trust thinks otherwise ^_^
boxhill.jpg

Davidc

Guru
The rot had already set in when I rode round there as a yoof.

Absolutely crazy allowing cyclists (and pedestrians) even to enter the area, let alone ride there. Don't they understand? The roads are for CARS.

The car IS KING. Long live THE KING.

subaqua

What’s the point
surely you mean mutton dressed as pig ;)

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I wonder if she was related to the chap in the aptly named Pishill who, when we stopped to ask directions, lambasted us with 'bloody cyclists, ruining the green lanes' comments as we attempted to navigate the water-filled horse hoof holes left by 4 legged off-roaders in the area..

ayceejay

Guru
I lived in that area once and we had a run in with a neighbour of that ilk who took exception to the washing on the line with almost the exact same words. Perhaps "you lot" should ride indoors along with the clothes drier.

Top Bottom