You have to evade capture for 28 days

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
As we all know from watching Ultimate Force, the most discreet access route in or out of a big city is the canal network. No cctv to bother about. Ride in, extracy money from banck, ride out.
Canoe is another fine means of surveillance-free travel. 4 weeks camping in the Norfolk Broads should see you safe.

Ultimate Force "Bugger can't proveed sir got stuck in a lock.."

classic33

Leg End Member
All of them?
Why not.

28 days hence is the day of dread. Being in hiding during the run-up sounds like a plan. How much of a head start do I get?

perplexed

Guru
You have to evade capture for 28 days

1. You have move at least once every 48 hours
2. You are given a bank card with £300 on it. You may withdraw no more than £100 at any time.
3. You may not visit the same place more than once.
4. You may not receive help from the same person more than once.
5. You may not accept money from anyone.
6. All communication with friends and family will be monitored
7. Your computers and other electronic devices will be seized and examined.

What is your strategy in terms of what you take with you, how you move about, how you evade capture etc?

Are there more specific rules about 1 and 3?

It's just that they are open to interpretation.

1) Is there any distance specified in the moving rule? For example, if I'm dossing in a copse of half an acre size, can I doss in another copse quarter of a mile away or would that not be considered a proper move? Is it a minimum distance in miles?

3) Visiting the same place more than once - how big is somewhere to be considered the same place? If I find somewhere to crash in north Sheffield, would I then be allowed to crash somewhere else in, say, south Sheffield at a later point in the 28 day period?

Quite an interesting challenge I think.

classic33

Leg End Member
First step would be to get away from the immediate release area as quick as possible.

When any cash withdrawals are made, they are done when moving away from an area.

In the period leading up to it, a false profile created on any home PC. Including areas that may possibly be visited. Checking in and around those areas, making a note of distances and times. Then ignoring it complely. Such areas would include where family live.

Where's the restriction that you must stay on the UK mainland gone. With that gone, a trip over to Northern Ireland could be back on the cards.

First step would be to get away from the immediate release area as quick as possible.

When any cash withdrawals are made, they are done when moving away from an area.

In the period leading up to it, a false profile created on any home PC. Including areas that may possibly be visited. Checking in and around those areas, making a note of distances and times. Then ignoring it complely. Such areas would include where family live.

Where's the restriction that you must stay on the UK mainland gone. With that gone, a trip over to Northern Ireland could be back on the cards.
Ah but you'd be caught at the hard border with Ireland :laugh:

If I knew it was coming I'd hide several supply caches, some real, some fake, and would leave burner phones with cloned SIM cards in dead drops and pre-arrange for people to pick them up and turn them on, just long enough to make it look like you're going in a specific direction, make yourself prominently visible in a place that lends credence to it, and then disappear and do a hard swerve. With a decent bikepacking setup and supply caches, there's lots of extremely remote places up here that you could feasibly hide in for months.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah but you'd be caught at the hard border with Ireland :laugh:

If I knew it was coming I'd hide several supply caches, some real, some fake, and would leave burner phones with cloned SIM cards in dead drops and pre-arrange for people to pick them up and turn them on, just long enough to make it look like you're going in a specific direction, make yourself prominently visible in a place that lends credence to it, and then disappear and do a hard swerve. With a decent bikepacking setup and supply caches, there's lots of extremely remote places up here that you could feasibly hide in for months.
Then you'd be doing a tour round the north. Looking less out of place on a bike.

Cairnryan to Larne one way, Belfast to Birkenhead the other.

A lot would depend on where the "extraction point" is placed. So far they've all been down South. How fast could you get down?

Then you'd be doing a tour round the north. Looking less out of place on a bike.

Cairnryan to Larne one way, Belfast to Birkenhead the other.

A lot would depend on where the "extraction point" is placed. So far they've all been down South. How fast could you get down?
Extraction point?
That sounds almost like I'd want to be found after the 28 days is up... oh, it's a gameshow?

Top Bottom