You Hull cyclists are all weak-kneed softies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:whistle:

Just kidding

Haven't cycled in Hull for 18 years, what a joy it was this afternoon to whizz up Anlaby Road, Willerby Road, down Spring Bank, Ferensway.

A city so flat that it needs a flyover on Anlaby road as a sorry excuse for a hill!

After living in Nottingham (hillier than you think) and then Sheffield...this was easy. I might get the train up more with the pushiron and relive some of my old rides out

Oi! I would estimate that flyover summits at well over 30m high.

Real hills are a bit further west, including the imaginatively 'Steep Hill' near South Cave. I had a ride out to the animal rescue centre near there last year and I can confirm your 'weak-need softies' accusation is completely true. :blush:

OT:0-0 and still enjoyed todays game. The whole Taarbat thing was the funniest thing I've ever seen at the KC.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Oi! I would estimate that flyover summits at well over 30m high.

Real hills are a bit further west, including the imaginatively 'Steep Hill' near South Cave. I had a ride out to the animal rescue centre near there last year and I can confirm your 'weak-need softies' accusation is completely true. :blush:

OT:0-0 and still enjoyed todays game. The whole Taarbat thing was the funniest thing I've ever seen at the KC.

"How s**t must you be, she wants to go home" :biggrin:

And yes, South Cave/Brantingham/Ellerker used to be my regular area for cycling - I thought they were big hills back then!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
there's always the Humber Bridge, if you really want to get nose-bleedingly high......

Bit of a dump as I remember.

There are some area that are not very nice and some that are. It's mostly a question of where the boundaries are drawn though. Hull has got the inner city areas and what comes with them, the East Riding got the more desirable wealthy areas so the statistics are not as balanced as say Greater Manchester or Newcastle.

Residents of the East Riding will now be throwing their hands up in horror at being thought of as being part of Hull, but ask them what their postcode is and how long they queue on the A63 to get into the city in a morning to get to work :evil:

Top Bottom