You Just Break The Law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Don't see what that has to do with it - sorry. Presumably you catch up with cars as well as bikes. All I see is a performance of good behaviour designed to ingratiate yourself with motorists and the harumphing tendency amongst commuting cyclists.
Did you want to share your position on red light jumping?

U

User6179

Did you want to share your position on red light jumping?

I will , if theres no danger to anyone then I don't frown upon it ( your video is unclear as I don't know the road) , if the guy had say went through a ped crossing or endangered himself or others then I would say fine say something .

OP
OP
veloevol

veloevol

Evo Lucas
Out of saddle, arms bent, pull bars towards body to lift front wheel then pull up on pedals to raise back wheel. I can do drains and speed humps ok, but red lights are still a bit too high up for me.

You?

I'm all arms and legs tucked in but with my head down I get enough speed to throw out a few whirling derbyshire trick moves. Only then do I clear the lights.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you come within a metre of hitting the tarmac due to an RLJ cyclist, it tends to make an impression. Plenty of motorists might have put me in danger too. I rather hoped for better manners from cyclists, that's all.

U

User6179

If you come within a metre of hitting the tarmac due to an RLJ cyclist, it tends to make an impression. Plenty of motorists might have put me in danger too. I rather hoped for better manners from cyclists, that's all.

RLJ are along way down my list of things that might harm me , below banana skins and misting up sunglasses :smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
RLJ are along way down my list of things that might harm me , below banana skins and misting up sunglasses :smile:
Yeah, sunglasses, what a bunch of self-gratification artists they are. Probably don't pay Road Tax either.

There are T junctions near me where it's very clear nothing at all is entering from the side road and there's no pedestrian crossing lights. To stop at red on the main road restricts the inside lane, delaying that and/or pushing cars into the outside lane. In that situation, I'd argue going through at red is safer and more convenient all round. One argument I can see against it, is that if cars used the same logic at the junction, there'd be chaos, but I'd argue it's different as they're less liable to restrict the lanes if they obey the light.

***ducks down***

Harold Shipman wore black lace up shoes, had a beard and worked for the NHS

I wear black lace up shoes,have a beard and work for the NHS

That does not make me a murderer, or responsible for his actions

In the same way just because i ride a bike does not make me responsible for the actions of other cyclists

Put another way, if law breaking cyclists give us all a bad name, how come law breaking drivers don't give all drivers a bad name?
yeah, I had a good example of this recently. A driver complained to me about cyclists speeding in Richmond Park. It's true that many cyclists are travelling there at > 20mph, that's the only 2 or 3 miles of roads I know of in London where the average cyclist can break the speed limit. I'm sure she's also seen the way drivers hit the anchors here, but she's never mentioned that to me, or any other driver in my presence.

(ignoring whether or not the speed limit in Richmond Park applies to cyclists. Park police seem to think it does, but apparently it's never been tested in court)

Top Bottom