You know you're getting old when.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That Ken Whatsisname on Radio 2 has a musical quiz every morning, today one of the contestants was required to identify a tune. The piece played was recognisable after the first couple of bars as 'Sidesaddle' by Russ Conway, yet the contestant was hesitant before answering, how easy can these quizzes get, I ask? :rolleyes:
Didn't you see Beethoven live at the Hippodrome, Snorri?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I wish I could opt out of the bleedin' Saga mailshots.

D

Deleted member 1258

Or when you call barbers 'barbers', rather than 'hairdressers'! :thumbsup:

Nice one Colin ^_^
I well remember the Barber in Cheriton in the 50's/60, I think he was ex army, he had a a child specific chair that was height adjustable, I remember Dad buying a little something for the weekend and I remember you got a better haircut in the morning than in the afternoon courtesy of the Barber's liking for a liquid lunch in the pub across the road.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I well remember the Barber in Cheriton in the 50's/60, I think he was ex army, he had a a child specific chair that was height adjustable, I remember Dad buying a little something for the weekend and I remember you got a better haircut in the morning than in the afternoon courtesy of the Barber's liking for a liquid lunch in the pub across the road.
One of the few things I ever used to do with my dad - he always seemed to be at work, doing DIY, fixing his car or resting :sad: - was to go to the barbers with him every 6 weeks or so. It was always a 'short back and sides' cut and then, every time, he would tell me to tell the barber whether I wanted Brylcreem or 'spray' on my hair. Well, I didn't fancy that greasy-haired look so I always said 'spray' but it never occurred to me to say that I didn't want the spray either!

Then one day, dad said "Coming to the barbers with me, Col?" and for some unknown reason, I simply said "No thanks!" and I never went with him again. And the inevitable consequence of that little act of rebellion was ...

(you guessed it!)

... this!

colinj-ian-gillan-charles-manson-lookalike.jpg

Ha ha! :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
^ ^ ^ - who he ??? :giggle:
You're not paying attention! :thumbsup: (And you clearly didn't follow this thread either.)

At my last place I was bombarded with a certain companies over 50's retirement plan. I wouldn't mind but at the time I still had 16-19 years to go! I was feeling old today when folk were going on about their birthdays in the cafe, 1985 and 1988 so I had to outsprint them at the remaining half dozen town entrance/ 30mph signs.

That Ken Whatsisname on Radio 2 has a musical quiz every morning, today one of the contestants was required to identify a tune. The piece played was recognisable after the first couple of bars as 'Sidesaddle' by Russ Conway, yet the contestant was hesitant before answering, how easy can these quizzes get, I ask? :rolleyes:
A guy (50s) in a different department at work has Radio2 blaring out all day, sadly for me i seem to know most of the songs worst still i actually like them.

When a young lass stands up and offers you her seat on the bus!

Bless her - but I was only 55, pretty trim and fit, still with hair like ColinJ's (not perhaps quite as lustrously black, but still as thick and nearly as long). H*** - it was three years ago, and it STILL rankles :smile:

Top Bottom