You know you're getting old when.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hardrock93

Guru
When Mrs. Hardrock and I (both in our mid fifties) went to the local Vue cinema recently, we were, without enquiry as to our vintage, sold two ‘senior’ tickets by a teenaged staff member.
Vanity almost persuaded me to remonstrate at this slur on our youthful appearance but Scottish genes convinced me to pocket the change.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Even now, it surprises me somewhat when someone like a Mother and Child refer to me as a 'Man', in the context of:

'Don't look at that horrible disgusting man, that isn't a snake in his pocket!'

'You'll need to let that man past'

^_^

asterix

Comrade Member
On buying a bottle of whisky in a Glasgow supermarket on Monday they asked me for ID:wahhey:

(They were having a larf - they knew my brother whom I was with)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I guess it won't be long before OAPs will be 'tea dancing' to Trance and Drum and Bass.
I've wondered about that - somehow, I can't see the blue rinse generation lasting much longer!

I think there are going to some very gnarly, wrinkled, tattooed and pierced pensioners in years to come ...

Now that both my parents have died, I'm slowly beginning to envisage a world where, even if they haven't done drugs themselves, most people will have friends who have or still do, and they will have travelled the world, and listened to all sorts of music, and be familiar with amazing technology. It will be a very different kind of place.

In fact, I think Old Age as we once knew it is almost dead. Give it another few decades and there will just be young people, middle-aged people and extremely worn-out middle-aged people! :thumbsup:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
In fact, I think Old Age as we once knew it is almost dead. Give it another few decades and there will just be young people, middle-aged people and extremely worn-out middle-aged people! :thumbsup:

I think you are right, as long as the elderly remain financially free to continue with their chosen lifestyle.

Lack of pension provision, poor investment return and an ever increasing retirement age will probably keep people working well into their 70's.

I wont see a state pension until 68 at the earliest, if at all!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
...........You see a very nice looking member of the opposite sex and realize..

you would not have a chance even if you were single

they must be cold and need to put a coat on

Cheddar George

oober member
When you put on your cycling jersey and manage to catch your neck in the zip :sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

When your barber doesn't ask, just charges you senior citizens rate

snorri

Legendary Member
That Ken Whatsisname on Radio 2 has a musical quiz every morning, today one of the contestants was required to identify a tune. The piece played was recognisable after the first couple of bars as 'Sidesaddle' by Russ Conway, yet the contestant was hesitant before answering, how easy can these quizzes get, I ask? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom