You know you've the bug when...

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by MattL, 7 Aug 2012.

1. Bit bored at home.

"Maybe I could go out on the bike."

"Oh, I've already been today."

"... Hmm. Maybe I could go out for a little ride."

2. Adeholder23

Adeholder23 New Member

lol im getting to that stage. I am trying to limit rides to every other day as i thought that was the best way to train?

3. Saluki

Saluki I've run away with my friends to..

We cycle for 2 or 3 days and then have a rest day. unless the sun is shining and then we might go for a little shortie, just to turn our legs you know.

4. Adeholder23

Adeholder23 New Member

hmm thats interesting, maybe i need to look at some training plans. I have a couple of sponsored rides planned but im not training per say i just want a routine that makes me better and better............................I guess i have the bug more than i thought lol

5. Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

On a good day I can have four rides in a day.
    If it's nice I'll go out in the morning, 15 miles or so. Then I ride to work and home (just a mile each way) And if it's still nice after tea we'll go down the river, so another 8 miles.
    I think it's ok to cycle every day, but not great long or super fast rides each time or you'll wear yourself out.

6. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

It seems much less tiring if you break it up like that too and you end up with a big daily distance quite easily :smile:

Mine tends to be more like, "my legs feel screwed from either running or cycling everyday for the past 4 weeks, maybe its time to think about some rest", "hmm i could compromise by just going for a slow low effort ride..."

7. Lincon Jackson

Lincon Jackson Member

I generally manage about 3-4 times a week and on a good week that could equate to between 120-140 miles. But could be as little as 60 miles depending on time available.

8. defy-one

defy-one Guest

When i'm sitting in my car and wishing i was on the bike .... Even when it's drizzling

9. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

When you spend all your spare time on here.^_^

10. You know you've the bug when you come down with the fever!

11. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Train as much as you like. Cycling is low impact, so you're only putting strain on muscles which are strong.

When you do running training it's high impact, so you need to leave gaps in training as you're putting strain on joints, and causing small fractures in your bones.

There is a reason why cyclists in the TDF can ride every day for 3 weeks (they still ride on rest days) but it takes a week or so to recover from a race pace marathon.

12. Irishrich

Irishrich Senior Member

I was knackered today, long day at work, working late and full of stress about my wedding in 4 weeks. I cut the grass after work and said I was going to sit in front of the tv but I was itching to get out on the bike so I got my gear on and did 17 miles in an hour along an almost total uphill ride but the most beautiful scenery with the sun shining. Life is good again!!

Hamm likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice