You know you've the bug when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adeholder23

lol im getting to that stage. I am trying to limit rides to every other day as i thought that was the best way to train?

Adeholder23

hmm thats interesting, maybe i need to look at some training plans. I have a couple of sponsored rides planned but im not training per say i just want a routine that makes me better and better............................I guess i have the bug more than i thought lol

Sandra6

Veteran
On a good day I can have four rides in a day.
If it's nice I'll go out in the morning, 15 miles or so. Then I ride to work and home (just a mile each way) And if it's still nice after tea we'll go down the river, so another 8 miles.
I think it's ok to cycle every day, but not great long or super fast rides each time or you'll wear yourself out.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
It seems much less tiring if you break it up like that too and you end up with a big daily distance quite easily :smile:

Mine tends to be more like, "my legs feel screwed from either running or cycling everyday for the past 4 weeks, maybe its time to think about some rest", "hmm i could compromise by just going for a slow low effort ride..."

I generally manage about 3-4 times a week and on a good week that could equate to between 120-140 miles. But could be as little as 60 miles depending on time available.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
When you spend all your spare time on here.^_^

Eddie

hmm thats interesting, maybe i need to look at some training plans. I have a couple of sponsored rides planned but im not training per say i just want a routine that makes me better and better............................I guess i have the bug more than i thought lol

Train as much as you like. Cycling is low impact, so you're only putting strain on muscles which are strong.

When you do running training it's high impact, so you need to leave gaps in training as you're putting strain on joints, and causing small fractures in your bones.

There is a reason why cyclists in the TDF can ride every day for 3 weeks (they still ride on rest days) but it takes a week or so to recover from a race pace marathon.

Irishrich

Über Member
I was knackered today, long day at work, working late and full of stress about my wedding in 4 weeks. I cut the grass after work and said I was going to sit in front of the tv but I was itching to get out on the bike so I got my gear on and did 17 miles in an hour along an almost total uphill ride but the most beautiful scenery with the sun shining. Life is good again!!

Top Bottom