You realise your interest in cycling has become an obsession when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
....you record the details of every bike ride and not only keep it updated every week but refer to it in idle moments.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Calum said:
When you start doing things that you'd do on the bike, when you're driving a car. Like swirving to avoid potholes or trying to un-clip from the clutch after parking.

I heard a story once from a woman who does a lot of sailing, and the same sort of thing happened to her, only she was acting like she was on a yacht!

She was wondering why people were beeping their horns at her until she realised she was in a CAR!! ;)

When you look forward to the wet weather to try out your new water proof gear!!!

Think cycling to work on christmas day at 0645 is brill cos you have the cycle path to yourself.

Posting on this forum at stupid oclock

SBH

When you slip the word cadence into conversation and expect other people to actually know what the hell you're talking about, and when aero bars don't make you GAIN weight

image.php

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
When you look at the photo of a new bike that a Mod posted today and feel a guilty need to download an Internet Browsing privacy package...

You realise your interest in cycling has become an obsession when...
you are going on a training course and you are offered a lift and you say nah I'll cycle there the looks you get off them :biggrin:

or like someone else said your posting on here then you notice the time and it's stupid o'clock :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It has gone a bit far when it becomes a complete mystery to you why anyone would ever actually WANT to learn to drive and even using public transport makes you feel guilty.

Doug - Non driver and proud (seriously, I have never driven a car in my life, other than go carts).

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
..when after 27 days of going to work by bike, you realise that you have lost the skill of driving. You jump in the car, slap the sides of other vehicles , run red lights, shout "Oi!" a lot, make obscene hand gestures, make a promise to yourself to buy a head-cam, and decide that you would , after all is said and done, rather do it on a bike.....?

Top Bottom