"You want a bloody medal?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had something similar the other day:

At a pelican crossing which also has a lolipop lady (why? do cars not stop at red lights either?). The lights changed to amber and the cyclist I hadn't quite caught up with went through - very legitimately, no chance of stopping in the time/space he had. I was far enough back slowed and stopped. One of the crossers then shared a joke with the lolipop lady about adding another redlight cyclist to her collection !!!

There was me in bright stuff patiently waiting at the reds, and the other cyclist shouldn't/couldn't have stopped as the lights had only just changed to amber.

It really is a sampling issue, because I'm sure neither of them noticed that I was stopped at red, they only notice the one they thought hadn't.

They can use the lights to enter the road themselves, and stop the traffic for everyone to clear it, even when the lights change to green. As we all should know being Green means cars cannot go still if people are on the crossing, but a lot don't know this and thus someone with responsibility for the kids is needed.

You should have spoken up and told them...

Moodyman

Legendary Member
"What do you want then for stopping? Give yourself a bloody medal!"

He's got a fair point though.

Reminds me of the joke about an African American who boasts: 'I ain't no hustler, I take care a' me kids and I ain't never been to no jail'.

Another fine upstanding man says: 'so what?'

Top Bottom