Your assistance is appreciated...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I will even bend down and touch my toes....

My :bicycle: mojo seems to have got lost :cry:
It's probably the :cold: but I can't seem to push myself through that and get out there, even on the rare dry day! Tell me it'll get better!

I wish I lived somewhere warmer though :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
At present the weather is much the same across the country, so moving South isn't going to help.
You'll have good days & bad days, but don't let the bad days make the good days fewer still. It really is a simple case of on your bike. The hardest part is the start. Once you get started things can become easier, quicker than you think.

gbb

Legendary Member
When I get like this, the thought ofa long ride seems even harder, so dont pressure yourself, just get on the bike and pootle, just go down the shops, something, anything that just gets you out there...then you'll realise it's still fun.
We've all been there..small steps work for me.

asterix

Comrade Member
My excuse is a nasty cold/man flu which I am now getting over. Today will be my first excursion, just to the shops, after that the world may well turn out to be my oyster (touch wood, weather permitting!).

Its simple really, all you need to do is get your cycling gear on then MTFU and get out there. You will soon be smiling.

nappadang

Über Member
I can't comment on cycling as I've only been at it 6 months. However, if I ever lose my mountain mojo, I'd buy a new piece of kit. This always seems to inspire me even if the elements were against me.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Don't beat yourself up over it ScotiaLass. There are days and weather conditions where I don't want to go out on the bike so I don't. I do something else instead. The bike is not the be all and end all of it and I will not have a guilt trip if I don't use the bike.
Think of all those nice days to come when you can enjoy a nice bike ride. There will be plenty of them.
Chill out. Take some photos or something.Go for a little walk. Just anything you enjoy doing.
I never feel I must go out on the bike.I take it as it comes.
There are cyclists who go out in all weathers. Some who have to cycle because it's their mode of transport for commuting and some who cycle for occasional enjoyment. There are all sorts.
Go out on the bike when you feel like it but don't go out if you are going to feel guilty if you don't. That just causes stress.
I wish you happy days and many happy cycling days ahead.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Dr Bob here.
Mojo missing eh?
Mmmmm
This is serious.
Here's the cure.
Grab a chunk of chocolate.eat it !
Go to the bike.
Check the tyres, brakes next. Ah the chain needs oiled?
Get the oil and once you whiff that citrus aroma..

Yer cured and soon you will be whizzing along scattering pedestrians everywhere, cursing cars.
You know it makes sense.

If that doesn't work then just get yer erchie on that bike and get oot.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be checking the to see if you have been oot and if not, eh I don't know.

You could try taking three of these until cured
mojo_chews_zpsf617956f.jpg

Edited due to fumble fumbs on phone, grr.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
I did not fancy going swimming this morning so I talked myself into going and only doing 20 lengths, ended up doing 80 so now I feel well smug with myself.

Top Bottom