Your assistance is appreciated...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I take a 3 month gym membership each year, £69, Dec/Jan/Feb. Yes, I know it's not the same and if it's only cold I'll happily ride but I don't get any pleasure at all from cycling in cold and wet weather. Looks like Jan is going to be wet...............

ayceejay

Guru
So lass, have you had a bad day before?
Yet here you are.
It will pass and you can either push it or leave it the result will be the same.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
So lass, have you had a bad day before?
Yet here you are.
It will pass and you can either push it or leave it the result will be the same.
That's true :smile:
Unfortunately with my Fibromyalgia a flare can last for weeks but I am so impatient it's hard - even when my body lets me down my head doesn't!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Had you been a Good Girl :girl: last year ?

Did you ask Santa for some mojo ? :ohmy:

Did he deliver ? :unsure:

If the answer to any of these questions is 'No', then you will need to 'notlogin' to CC for at least 2 hours every day, in order to spend 1 hr getting dressed/fed/prepped for a ride and 45 mins for the apres-ride bath/shower/fluffy goonie time. :thumbsup:

What you do with the remaining 15 mins is up to you ! :bicycle: :biggrin:

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Had you been a Good Girl :girl: last year ?

Did you ask Santa for some mojo ? :ohmy:

Did he deliver ? :unsure:

If the answer to any of these questions is 'No', then you will need to 'notlogin' to CC for at least 2 hours every day, in order to spend 1 hr getting dressed/fed/prepped for a ride and 45 mins for the apres-ride bath/shower/fluffy goonie time. :thumbsup:

What you do with the remaining 15 mins is up to you ! :bicycle: :biggrin:
What happens if the answer to all three is no???
I'm screwed :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
What happens if the answer to all three is no???
I'm screwed :laugh:
au contraire - it just means there is might be a little further to go (but fear not - it's not necessarily uphill :wahhey:)
  • wind comes
    t110001.gif
    ; wind goes
  • cold comes :cold:, cold goes
  • rain comes :rain:, rain goes
  • all 3 come, all 3 go (it has been known ! :ohmy:)
  • Mojo comes :hyper:, Mojo goes :sad:
As others have said, just go for a wee doodle to meet (a) friends for :cuppa: and a
t1103.gif
when the weather is OK.

I have frequent bouts of 'Lost Mojo' :sad: and once I finally get out :bicycle: to the shops or for a wee daunder, I remember what I like about cycling again.

HTH

If not - BEWARE - we might set the CC Ecosse Mojo-Enforcers on you .... :evil: ... they are all around you .... :becool: :hugs: :rose: :o) :laugh:

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
au contraire - it just means there is might be a little further to go (but fear not - it's not necessarily uphill :wahhey:)
  • wind comes
    t110001.gif
    ; wind goes
  • cold comes :cold:, cold goes
  • rain comes :rain:, rain goes
  • all 3 come, all 3 go (it has been known ! :ohmy:)
  • Mojo comes :hyper:, Mojo goes :sad:
As others have said, just go for a wee doodle to meet (a) friends for :cuppa: and a
t1103.gif
when the weather is OK.

I have frequent bouts of 'Lost Mojo' :sad: and once I finally get out :bicycle: to the shops or for a wee daunder, I remember what I like about cycling again.

HTH

If not - BEWARE - we might set the CC Ecosse Mojo-Enforcers on you .... :evil: ... they are all around you .... :becool: :hugs: :rose: :o) :laugh:
I think you've hit the problem!
I have no friends, cycling or otherwise!
There's nothing like some like-minded people to kick you hard up the rear to get your mojo returned!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I think you've hit the problem!
I have no friends, cycling or otherwise!
There's nothing like some like-minded people to kick you hard up the rear to get your mojo returned!
;) Are you using Merino base-layers or man-made fibre ? :whistle: :giggle:

Have you been on a CC Ecosse Forum Ride yet ? :hello:

If not, why not ? :huh:

I'm pretty sure there are other CC Ecosse folk near you - and some of them are probable female too :girl:. Meeting up with someone else to go for a ride is really helpful, as it gets you one over that CBA thought, as you don't want to let the other person down.

So who is from CC Ecosse, female and lives in the mid-central belt, who could buddy you along for a :cuppa: and a
t1111.gif
? :scratch:

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
;) Are you using Merino base-layers or man-made fibre ? :whistle: :giggle:

Have you been on a CC Ecosse Forum Ride yet ? :hello:

If not, why not ? :huh:

I'm pretty sure there are other CC Ecosse folk near you - and some of them are probable female too :girl:. Meeting up with someone else to go for a ride is really helpful, as it gets you one over that CBA thought, as you don't want to let the other person down.

So who is from CC Ecosse, female and lives in the mid-central belt, who could buddy you along for a :cuppa: and a
t1111.gif
? :scratch:

Not been on a CC Ecosse ride but have been invited.
I'm not fit enough to do the miles they cover yet :smile:
Edited to add that I will not be revealing any details about my undergarments (or lack of)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
1 Not been on a CC Ecosse ride but have been invited.
2 I'm not fit enough to do the miles they cover yet :smile:

Edited to add that 3 I will not be revealing any details about my undergarments (or lack of)
  1. Why ever not ? :sad: You really must come - it will be great and beneficial for ALL of us ^_^
  2. Yeah, they have been pushing the miles out a bit too much recently - but remember The Rules. I can vouch that these are applied very graciously ! :blush:
  3. :eek: :secret:
If you have transport, why not contact @Pat "5mph" and link up with the Belles ?
t1111.gif
You will be well looked after ! ^_^

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
  1. Why ever not ? :sad: You really must come - it will be great and beneficial for ALL of us ^_^
  2. Yeah, they have been pushing the miles out a bit too much recently - but remember The Rules. I can vouch that these are applied very graciously ! :blush:
  3. :eek: :secret:
If you have transport, why not contact @Pat "5mph" and link up with the Belles ?
t1111.gif
You will be well looked after ! ^_^

1. Yeah, you'll all get a good laugh if nothing else :laugh:
2. I'd only slow them up and I can't do hills!
I have a spacious truck and a car....no bike rack but the bike can fit in the truck easily. I do however hate driving and would be more inclined to take a train.
3. No comment

Edited to add that I'm hoping to get a lighter bike this year as I struggle on my ancient, and very heavy, full sussy MTB!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Very heavy .... full sussy ... MTB .... = stronger fitter than us wimps on the lighter, easier-to-push-up-a-hill roadies ! ^_^

Top Bottom