Your best cafe' ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Travs

That's the relatively new one isn't it? I haven't quite made up my mind about it yet. I go through Westerham fairly often and used to stop at the Tudor Rose but have tried the Cyclery a couple of times. I can't decide if it's a ponsy place just making money out of cyclists or a cyclist orientated place that saw an opportunity and took it. I'll tend towards the latter until proven wrong.

That's the one; new enough not to be the right one on the Google Streetview picture. I have no idea what it's really like, I've only been there once but seems decent enough and the coffee/flapjack went down well. I guess everyone's revenue has gone up since the recent "parking fiasco"...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gone are the days you parked up outside a farm house in the hills and a little old lady would be there making egg or beans on toast and big mugs of tea. There was once such place just outside Flash in The Peaks.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Fremington Quay Cafe, North Devon. Just outside Barnstaple on the Tarka trail.

One of the nicest places one can spend a sunny afternoon to break up a gentle family cycle.

contadino

Veteran
Zio Nico, Cisternino. Not my local bar, but one that I regularly make a detour to. A bar for farmers.

There's usually porcetta cooked on wood fire available in rolls, polpetone, fritta mista on Friday, and a game of scopa in the back room which usually degenerates into a political row between pensioners. It seems to be a watering hole for local old communists and fascists.

And it's all downhill between there and home.

TeeShot

Veteran
Gone are the days you parked up outside a farm house in the hills and a little old lady would be there making egg or beans on toast and big mugs of tea. There was once such place just outside Flash in The Peaks.
Flash Bar Stores and coffee shop is still there. Warm welcome, good grub. 1500ft up in the Peak District

Dave 123

Legendary Member
La Hogue in Chippenham(the Cambs one) and River Tea Rooms St Ives(again the Cambs one)

River tea rooms is a good destination. It's not every day I see a bridge like that. Shame I usually go up the busway to get there!

SheffSimon

The cafe at Hathersage Swimming Pool is my most regular. Always warm in winter (the cafe, not the pool....) and cheap n cheerful.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
The View Tube at the Olympic park, beans to die for. On the anniversary of the 2012 games we had Jazz and Calypso playing live while we relaxed in the sun

Top Bottom