Your best cafe' ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Think its a different one. Will keep a look out for it though.

It is a different one Foss. I can't remember who told me but the owner of the Flash store was an investment banker. Might be urban myth,

I remember two farm houses. One of them is still there and has changed the layout completely (Ice Cream farm on the A54). I can't remember where the other one was but I distinctly remember climbing upwards to it (and remember it being full of snow on the road).

400bhp

Guru
Best local cafe is Jodrell Bank. But it can get very very busy.

Hyslop

Veteran
Mine is a local spo, Foxes on abbey st,Carlisle.
The owners ride and even deliver their home roasted coffee by bike, and they let me bring the bike inside!
Havent been in there often,however,should you take your bike inside,and then find a strange man saying "Hello"-thatll be me:smile:Apologies in advance!!!

My favourite cafe is a prison cafe in Yarm. The cafe is staffed by rehabilitating offenders and as its non profit making everything is cheap but good quality. Its a shame you cant tip due to prisoner safety reasons! I shall be there in the summer to purchase some wooden/metal garden items all made and sold at the cafe by the staff, each item with a story behind it.

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Best local cafe is Jodrell Bank. But it can get very very busy.
Hmmmm.............. Living on the Isle of Wight, I guess Jodrell Bank is just about more local to me than the one I visited near Mont Ventoux in my original post. I'll have to give it a try if I'm ever up around that way!

Hyslop

Veteran
Havent been in there often,however,should you take your bike inside,and then find a strange man saying "Hello"-thatll be me:smile:Apologies in advance!!!
Meant to say(sorry,been a long day),did you know that Foxes inhabits what was once T P Bells,one of Carlisles oldest bike shops,long gone now of course,but my first bike,when I was but a lad came from there,and I can see it yet! Run by 3 brothers and headed by their sister,they lived about 5 doors up towards Paternoster Row.A real family firm.And, if you stand at Chivs and look across the road towards that ghastly bridge,you are looking at The Irishgate Tavern and Tiffens Motorbikes,where,long years ago,my Uncle bought Velocettes,BSA,Triumph,the list goes on.British bikes,with a real ROAR!

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
The tea bar at Wynd's Point, British Camp on the Malverns is good. Tea and cakes, or a wizard ice if one wishes. Sit at a table and watch your fellow cyclists grind their way up the hill to join you, suffering as you just did :sweat:

I don't have a favourite cafe per se, but touring through France and Spain 10 years ago with a mate, as a rule, we'd break camp about 08:00 and ride for 30-45 mins., before stopping at a bar for 2-3 croissants, 2-3 strong coffees and 2-3 large brandies each.

That set the day up for us very nicely.

And repeat. :smile:

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

I don't have a favourite cafe per se, but touring through France and Spain 10 years ago with a mate, as a rule, we'd break camp about 08:00 and ride for 30-45 mins., before stopping at a bar for 2-3 croissants, 2-3 strong coffees and 2-3 large brandies each.

That set the day up for us very nicely.

And repeat. :smile:
Splendid behaviour!!

Top Bottom