Your best ever music concert?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Could I also add Jean Michelle Jarre's Paris la Defense show in 1990 simply for the overall experience?
So much better than the Destination Docklands experience of a couple of years earlier on a cold October night (at least i attended on the dryer of the two nights)

presta

Guru
My big claim to fame, long story but bear with me, is singing on stage with the brilliant Ann Peebles.
I think this lad won’t forget going to see Green Day in a hurry!
In a similar vein, I like these two videos, particularly the second:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_DWWE3cjgg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7li32_Aby-Y

Reactions: DRM

Chislenko

Veteran
IMG_20230607_073037442.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
For me, my best gigs are, Slade at the Rainbow, Finsbury Park 1972, my first gig with my mate Colin Johnson. John Otway at the Great British Beer Festival about 1995, and Aussie Pink Floyd at the Cambridge corn exchange last October. Absolutely great. Seeing them again at Hammersmith this December for the 50th anniversary of the Dark Side Of The Moon tour.

Drago

Legendary Member
Led Zeppelin, Knebworth Aug '79.

My friends Dad was a hard core rocker and was taking his lad, and knowing I was a keen student of the wailing guitar as well got my Mum to let me join them. With John Bonham's sad death the following year it turned out to be the last time the original line up played in the UK.

I like rock, I particularly like blues rock and hard rock so was in pre pubescent heaven. I spent several hours basking in the presence of four gods, each an undisputed master in their chosen field. I could have died straight after seeing them do Since I've been Loving You and would have gone to heaven a happy laddie. Indeed, me and my mate Damon (now sadly RIP) were wearing toxic kevels of patchouli oil so could well have spontaneously combusted at any moment.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The first Who gig at Charlton football stadium in the early 1970s, partly due to the historical context which emerged later.

Keith Moon knocked over his drum kit at the end of the show, and Pete Townsend smashed one of his guitars, although he was already coming to the realisation it was pure vandalism and had all but stopped doing it.

Seems to me there's another category of bands of which you had low expectations, but turned out to be brilliant.

Showaddywaddy at Three Counties Showground in Malvern, Worcestershire, fell into that category.

I'm reliably informed Robbie Williams/Take That are great live, even for those who would not buy their records.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm going to be hearing Lionel Richie live tomorrow night.

He's playing just up the road and a freak of acoustics means we hear everything from the cricket ground.

Just hope he doesn't go All Night Long

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
I kid you not - James Blunt, Manchester Arena, Feb 2020. The man’s a genius and knows how to work a crowd.

I was there, just before Covid hit and it’s almost as if everyone knew it would be their last concert for a long time. James and the crowd were brilliant!

gavgav

Guru
Been to so many concerts over the years, that it’s difficult to say.

Muse at the Etihad stadium would take some beating.

IMG_0478.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

IMG_0476.jpeg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
me and my mate Damon (now sadly RIP) were wearing toxic kevels of patchouli oil so could well have spontaneously combusted at any moment.
I haven't sniffed that since about 1977/8, when as a punk rocker type we'd mock those hippy types for wearing it. I'd like to have a sniff now to remember how it smelt. 🤔

Top Bottom