Your best lie....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
'No of course it's not just about the sex. I really respect you.'

Abitrary

Telling an ex-girlfriend not to touch my guitar, as a string snapping would take her hand off if she didn't know what she was doing.

She consequently never touched it again, and even became quite wary of it when it was around.

Will1985

Über Member
Convincing an American girl that we only had B&W TV in the UK, and that the import of Levi jeans was a very new thing due to the fact we had recently finished paying off debt to the US for WW1. It lasted about an hour before we cracked up.....this girl is now a Rhodes scholar!

Tetedelacourse

I convinced a work colleague that I played professional football for 1/2 a season. I did it cos I was bored. The lie stood for 2 years.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Keith..... you naughty boy you..........

Keith Oates

Janner
MP, out here it is very common for pavements and other places to have a nobbly strip running down them so that visually impaired people can feel and confirm they are on safe ground!!

I told my Italian girlfriend that Irish monks introduced coffee to Italy when they were preaching there during the Dark Ages.

I told another bunch at University that London Underground delays were caused by trains colliding with pet horses that had been released into the tunnels when they became too big, and were breeding down there.

Top Bottom