1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your best lie....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 18 Jan 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Go on, your best porky' :biggrin:

I dare ya'....

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

'No of course it's not just about the sex. I really respect you.'

3. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

I once told a group of people, in one of those we're all new starters tell us something interesting sessions, that I shared a room at Eton with Prince Edward. I did it poker faced and about a week later in the canteen a lady from HR asked why I had my education down as Buckingham County Secondary School if I had actually gone to Eton, I just sort of mumbled about my grandad paying and not enjoying it and I just wanted to be ordinary. She assured me she understood, but she knew I had told a whopper, then just told her another to her face to get out of it, why did I do the second one?????? She was a very nice lady. Certainly did not deserve a lying toad like me working for her:blush:

4. longers

longers Veteran

"I'm okay".

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Telling an ex-girlfriend not to touch my guitar, as a string snapping would take her hand off if she didn't know what she was doing.

She consequently never touched it again, and even became quite wary of it when it was around.

6. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

Convincing an American girl that we only had B&W TV in the UK, and that the import of Levi jeans was a very new thing due to the fact we had recently finished paying off debt to the US for WW1. It lasted about an hour before we cracked up.....this girl is now a Rhodes scholar!

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I've always been Sh!t at lying...... bugger...........

8. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

I convinced a work colleague that I played professional football for 1/2 a season. I did it cos I was bored. The lie stood for 2 years.

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

"Of course I love you" Can't say I'm proud of it but I guess I'm not the only one that's done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I once convinced a girl that the nobbly paving at road crossings was Braille that blind people can read with their feet.

11. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Keith..... you naughty boy you..........

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

MP, out here it is very common for pavements and other places to have a nobbly strip running down them so that visually impaired people can feel and confirm they are on safe ground!!

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I know Keith. It's the same here.

But I had this girl believing that if you ran your foot across it you could read what it was saying.

14. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

OK, now I understand what you meant, how long before she twigged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Not so far from the truth.