Your bike and a pub.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The Command House, once a Armaments Storekeepers house and the became Officer housing. Built around 1719. It used to do good live music but has become a younger people's rowdy pub I believe.

Attachments

• 20210111_105734.jpg
    20210111_105734.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The Coppers Arms, built in the reign of Richard 1, 1189-1199. Originally thought to be used and inhabited by the monks of nearby St Andrews priory who brewed renowned ales and wine.

The Command House, once a Armaments Storekeepers house and the became Officer housing. Built around 1719. It used to do good live music but has become a younger people's rowdy pub I believe.
Where is it?
Very impressive looking pub, though those steps must surely see a few victims after folk have had a few.

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I can highly recommend Chatham Dockyard for a visit.

Not maybe the best time to start such a thread oldhippy, but one/two from me - longshot with bike somewhat hidden in the corner/close up - to keep it ticking over.

Man in the Wall Wimborne Minster on a nice sunny trip between lockdowns.
Nice pub - very accommodating to cyclists - they buzzed me in the back-way to the yard when I had problems with the Georgian front door and didn't fancy unpacking my bike.
Disappointing beer range for a spoons when I was there but can't have everything.

Penny Black Northwich.
Apologies, bike non too clear - towards the left locked to the railings with luggage next to it - I suppose I thought the fine pub more interesting.
Taken a few days before the first lockdown - on the way to catch a train - my usual conservative journey timings meant that I was forced to sit in here drinking several fine pints.

Top Bottom