Your bike and a pub.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The first of these was taken an hour or so before the 2nd, by the other half, when we were out riding separately during lockdown 1.

Attachments

• IMG-20200405-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200405-WA0000.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200405_121352.jpg
    20200405_121352.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 12

gtmet

Über Member
The tables are back out at the Community cafe in Oldbury-on-Severn. Service remains covid secure with paper cups and your cake on a napkin.
210517-1163 Oldbury cafe-sovereign.JPG

Last edited:
This was taken during Lockdown 1.0. The Bell Inn in Aldworth was awarded CAMRA pub of the year in March - then had to shut. It reopened in the inter-lockdown period for beer gardening but has obviously had to shut again. I hope it survives.

View attachment 568405

I can vouch for the fact it has survived

I rode out of goring, up that ludicrous hill to the top, fully loaded. Was chatting to a chap who was riding an electric bike and kept a respectful distance behind whilst I huffed and puffed my way up. He was full of praise for the pub, beer and food served therein so I thought I’d stop.

Arrived at the top of the hill, sat on the bench opposite and made some breakfast porridge and had a brief conversation with the landlord, who asked what I was up to and where I was going. When I asked if there was a church to fill my bottles up, he pointed me down the road. Suffice to say that all thoughts of having breakfast and a pint were forgotten when he didn’t offer to fill the bottles.

I’d still like a pint there one day, it’s a 65 mile ride from me so who knows?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
The Goodmanham Arms, Goodmanham

Bike in a pub - Postern Gate, York, spoons - I chose the pub for a pre-ride fuel as it has outside seating but in the end felt wimpish and took the bike just inside the doors - spoons easygoing as usual and no objections.
Kitchen opening delayed until 10 due to Covid staffing issues unfortunately so had to make do with a fine pint of Monkey Wrench from Daleside Brewery to power me on my way.

Queens Arms, Winsford,
a spoons

and a long shot of the outside:

I don't think I'd really like it as a local but it is a great pit-stop - order from your table outside under cover using their wifi, no need to leave the bike.
Great beer - that pint is I think a Peerless Full Whack - all 6 per cent of it.
Had an attack of the cramps while sat there but I think the salt in the curry meal poppadom sorted it.
Or maybe it was the second Full Whack.

Top Bottom